Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

So Kakihana is now, in a weird kind of way, in the same boat as Odokawa's stalker was in that he's throwing good money after bad on a transparently doomed venture. And if you think about it, Shirakawa is in the same boat. And I kind of have the sense that Dobu isn't going to have a happy ending either…

Actually considering that let's play a game and turn it around, who in this show isn't transparently doomed? Who has the highest chance of getting out of this relatively unscathed when it all inevitably goes straight to hell?

I bet the bartender will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Elfface posted:

And for no reason other than narrative density, they died in the same car accident as the Daimon Bros Parents. Maybe they were driving/in the taxi?

I don't think the timeline matches up for this. I'm pretty sure Odokawa is much older than the Daimon bros, and his parents died when he was still in elementary school.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sindai posted:

if I'm keeping track correctly the guy in the police station was the comedy judge, the dead girl's father, and...I can't remember whether he's actually yakuza himself or not.

He's old friends with Dabu and Yano's boss but isn't yakuza himself, I'm pretty sure.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Goddamn that last shot. Great show all around, definitely my AOTY so far.