Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
This is somehow the most realistic-feeling show I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I'm glad that Odokawa isn't too much of a stoic hardass. He can have a laugh and worry over his potential love interest being taken hostage by a baboon with a gun.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

I've heard multiple people and several content creators straight up call this Tarantino-esk.

Goon opinion: Yes or No?

Throw in copious violence and I could see it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

a whole loving grand for an eraser lmao

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Yeah that's a good point, it's more about single-minded obsession over achieving some sort of status than addiction. Dude had nothing going for him in his life, got beaten by his father and didn't have friends. He wanted to feel some meaning in his life and have people acknowledge him (ironic considering he seemed to be competent at his job at first and that probably would have happened had he never gotten into gacha). Then when he got robbed of that, he wanted to enact vengeance.

I feel like that's what the theme of this series is gonna be. You have these characters like Twitter Hippo and Gacha Cat who want to stand out and be noticed, meanwhile Odokawa is perfectly content driving his taxi and living his quiet life.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 27, 2021

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Mix. posted:

lmao kakihana's downward spiral is gonna explode if this keeps up

dont loving take a loan out from the yakuza to go on what is very obviously some kind of phishing/scam date with a barely 18 year old what the gently caress are you doing

He's gonna end up murdered or in jail by the end of this.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

i'm pretty sure a preview image showed him playing a slot machine(or pachinko maybe) which is somehow even dumber than not even trying to fix things at all

Oh god it's Kaiji all over again.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Odokawa's legit become one of my favorite anime characters.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

MachuPikacchu posted:

I went back and rewatched the first episode, and it's really hard to have any sympathy for Kakihana. At first glance he's your average Joe looking for love, but his first scene at the bar shows him trying to match with VERY young girls despite being 40 years old. It's one thing to root for a lovable lug who's in over his head, and another altogether to feel bad for a creepy middle aged man whose grand plan is to bilk the Yakuza by borrowing money from them and hoping they forget about it, and use that money to sleep with a girl 22 years his junior.

He's not a bad guy. Just pathetic. He's got that midlife crisis going on hard.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Yano hits that perfect spot of being fun to watch and utterly detestable at the same time.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't expect Dobu to be so wholesome. I love it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Yano definitely comes across as the type who'd cut someone and not feel an iota of remorse.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So that's it? We're some kinda OddTaxi?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Well this got dark. ...Darker.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Oh my god. Yano stopped rapping.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Poor Odokawa :(

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Jesus Christ she really did kill her

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Does this mean he freaks out every time he sees someone walking their dog or whatever?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Forgall posted:

Wasn't Odokawa going to tell the cops he drove Sakura to the MK office that night? Guess that didn't happen.
Also I can't believe Tanaka just went back to his job like nothing happened.

Well the Daimons are apparently the only cops in town and they were too busy to chase after him at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Wark Say posted:

• YAY! MERRYMAKING AND DRINKING WITH ODOKAWA AND HIS CLIQUÉ OF FUCKUPS AND JERKFACES HE CALLS FRIENDS/ACQUAINTANCES AT THE YAMIBIKO! :cheers:
  • Yamibiko's Manager is closing up shop for the day and whatnot when she hears a knock on the door. :raise:
  • She doesn't check but replies from afar with good ol' Sam-Malone-esque "Sorry, we're closed!" :tootzzz:
  • After the knocking gets more intense, she goes and wonders what's the problem, maybe a missing item, trinket or whatsit, and then you heard a thud. :stare:
  • After Giraffe-kun wonders what the gently caress happened, he hears some steps, he basically hears a threat from a familiar voice, going "You're next, I know where you live and all, dickhead, so do--" HARD CUT OF TRANSMISSION :stonk:

The End!

Jesus