Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

he already had enough money to take care of orphans, obviously!

More money would mean more orphans could be taken care of.

It's also a personal thing for Odokawa that everybody's got to pay their debts. The Tapir of Dojima let him reach a point where he has everything he needs, and he wants to make it up to the man, which goes double when making things square lets a lot of other kids in his old position reach adulthood without fear. Meanwhile, his buddy Kakihana got in debt due to his own idiotic decisions, and he's got to pay them off himself.

Definitely think the show leans towards Odokawa having the better hand when showing down with Sakura. He had multiple scenes in the finale where he seemed to have put things together, mentioning that he was going to pass it on.

What's more, Odokawa's constantly shown to be really good under pressure, while Sakura's getting victory disease, thinking that one chain of lucky breaks means she's invincible.

It's intentionally ambiguous, but Odokawa's been in spots at least as tight as this before. And if we think of this in terms of debts... well. Odakawa's paid his. And Sakura's just been racking them up like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, if we're looking at the ending, the next episode previews take place at the party at the end of the series.

Apparently, Baba's still dating Rui, and trying to find more work so he has the money to pay for a good legal defense. Meanwhile, in the full context, it definitely seems like Odokawa planned to set up a sting to catch Sakura.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

roomtone posted:

i enjoyed this but looking at some of the posts i think i was barely paying attention.

i was mostly there for the interesting/funny observations the characters made so i liked the earlier episodes more when there was less plot going on. i wasn't really following all the details of how it all interconnected. seems like i could have made more of a mental effort there and got more out of it, maybe, but i liked it as a comedy and odokawa was a really good character. dobu and shirakawa were really likable, too.

the reveal he was just seeing animals didn't really do anything for me. i'm glad it was kept to the last episode because i like his Walrus Form a lot more.

it seems like that girl who murder-replaced the mystery kiss girl killed other people at the end there, which i didn't pick up on, except that the last shot being her was weird. i suppose it means she's going to kill odokawa? i don't get why. it was obvious she killed the original because she was the only one with a narrative reason to do it, but i figured that was where her relevance ended.

like i said, i should have paid more attention early on because by the second half, things were moving fast and i hadn't made the initial connections.

Some of it comes from the audio drama episodes. She wasn't confirmed to have killed anyone else yet, although she did threaten and at least injure the bar owner to get the pen. In the call, she's joking (for the moment) about doing another murder to be a solo act.

She's after Odokawa since he, as mentioned, could tie her to the murder.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tabletops posted:

Finished it yesterday. Really good show. Kind of struck me as an apolitical Crash.

Other than a few glaring plot holes otherwise really enjoyable and I kinda hope there is an OVA extra or something

Care to elaborate?

I can only think of one bit that stood out in that regard.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dogsicle posted:

in terms of prices for JP anime blurays, no it's pretty normal

If I remember right, it's even on the more reasonable side.

Not cheap or anything, but it comes to 2,008 yen an episode. For contrast, this season's Getter Robo Arc costs 42900 yen for the Blu Ray box set, coming to about 3300 yen an episode, and the Dynazenon Blu rays cost 8,800 for 3 episodes, or 2,933 per.

Japan's home DVD market is very much in the pre-Top Gun model, where the money comes from large single purchases, not bulk distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Forgall posted:

Since there's no new footage in the teaser and it's only 3 months away, I'm going to guess it's a compilation movie. Maybe with some extra scenes?

That's what I've read.

Compilation film, but apparently it's going to add more to the ending portion of the series.