Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

The Islamic Shock posted:

I really hope Kakihana isn't about to get mugged. I didn't expect this show to be this good.

Also do we have two concurrent "high schooler runaway living with a grown-rear end man who doesn't want her" animes this season?

I suspect he's about to be scammed since I'm pretty sure half a dozen Yakuza substories start like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
That is tempting fate.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Help, I'm stuck on episode 5. Watching a date where one person spends the entire thing on the phone is killing me.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Kung Food posted:

I really don't like Big Daimon being the shooter because how would he know Dobu was at the docks at that exact time?

The Daimons are twins, I fully expect that Odokawa spilled info to the wrong one at some point. They seem like the only two that could fool his animal sense. Especially with the constant "Are you secretly smart?" stuff that's been dropped a couple times.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Kung Food posted:

Yamamoto seems like the prime suspect now, but there is definitely something fishy going on with new Yuki seeing as she is connected to the 2nd shooter/bug placer. Another big reveal that the friend of the boss/father of missing high school girl is in fact Donraku. Could he, or someone connected to him be the 2nd shooter and the person who gave the cellphone to new Yuki to plant in the cab? Maybe a grieving parent doing their own investigation.

The new Yuki, Wadagaki, definitely seems like the most likely suspect. It seems more likely now that instead of Tanaka manipulating her into planting the phone, that she promised to do it for him to try to get Tanaka to eliminate the witness Odokawa. Yamamoto tried to kill Odokawa out of desperation, but she seems to be a lot more methodical about it which fits a lot more with Yuki's murder.

Really need to go back and watch the scenes with her.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Talorat posted:

Have we met Donraku yet? I only remember his name from being on the flowchart in the OP.

He's popped up here and there, the bar mama kangaroo told a story about him. Most interestingly he was in a television panel about the missing girl in the first episode, along with the koala that was in Mystery Kiss' press conference in this episode.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Isn't he also the guy on the eraser?

Also, yes.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

He's been a very indirect presence so far. What I remember is:
  • Odokawa mentions listening to his rakugo routines on tape
  • He's on the eraser Shirakawa gave Odokawa
  • When Kabasawa is scrolling through his not-Twitter feed after going viral, the show draws attention to a hot take from Donraku
  • I think someone mentions "The Don" (or something) in the context of the missing Nerima High girl, but I'm hazy on when to look for it

Tapir Mob Boss had Dobu look for the missing girl on behalf of Don-chan. It's the conversation Kakihana thought he was a part of in episode 3, I think it was?

Looking at the timeline I think it's pretty conclusive about the murderer's identity.

October 4th is both the night Yuki was killed and the night Odokawa drove Wadagaki, who was misidentified by everyone else as Yuki in the convenience video, to the Mystery Kiss office,

LostRook fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Kung Food posted:

Original Yuki wears a teal top with a thin yellow collar, doesn't have bangs and one spike of fur on each cheek. New Yuki wears a green jacket with a puffy collar, has bangs and two spikes of fur on each cheek. Girl in the convivence store camera is pretty clearly the original.

And speaking of the conversation between Dobu and boss, the boss said that Yuki had given Big Diamon a secondhand message. What was the message and who relayed it??

You're right about the clothing, good catch.

Still think Wadagaki is the killer. I don't think Odokawa has been contacted by the police, excepting Big Daimon, Dobu said the Yuki wasn't in the dash cam footage and Odokawa's "It's not her." Odokawa drove Wadagaki that night, someone else drove Yuki and everyone's been getting thing's mixed up.