Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

I was laughing at hippo guy's declaration of war

then he pulled out a knife and started stabbing that picture of Dobu :stare:

He's going to be sharing a harbor bottom with Kakihana.

As far as the body dropped in the water in the credits, I suspect that's something that took place prior to the events of the story. It would explain Odokawa's unease at the pier and why Dobu threatened him with drowning in a tub.

Man, this story keeps bouncing around between Tarentino, Lynch, and Hitchcock. Can't wait to see more.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
It's going to turn out the pen did it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Screwed, blued, and tattooed.

I've read enough news stores of Lotto winners declaring they're going to build a church with the money, only to later be found in an alley after losing half of it to a hooker in Vegas, for me to expect the most intelligent actions out of the average person.

But holy gently caress, is Imani being a complete dipshit. :stare:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
"And now, class, it is time for the Word of The Day. Today's word is 'bescumbered.' It means 'to be shat upon.' Can the class use it in a sentence?"

"Kakihana is utterly bescumbered."

"Very good, class!"

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Chillin' like a villain.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Personal_Nirvana posted:

We need a Yano spinoff.

Brave of you to assume he's going to survive

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Squidster posted:

At this point, I'm sure that Odakawa's parents died in a Yakuza-related accident, and he's been living on hush money ever since. That's why he can't accept the money; it's dirty. My suspicion is that it's Dobu's boss who's responsible, and they're likely family in some way.

That would go a long way to explaining how we're going to see Odakawa at a steam room with Yano & Dobu's boss next week.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I now have diabeetus.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I think I speak for us all when I say "Holy poo poo."

And I'm 90% certain that there's a link between the death of Odokawa's parents and Yuki's murder.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
^^^^I don't think Odakawa would have reacted to Dobu getting shot like that if he knew there was still a bullet in the gun.

This was a series I took a flyer on just as the Spring started and HOOOOLY balls what a ride. If they stick the landing it'll be one of the year's best.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Holy poo poo.

Best anime of the year, hands down.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Mix. posted:

Kid Odakawa was really cute though :3: I'm glad we got to see it, as well as a direct look at everything that happened with his childhood and the initial accident.

"accident?" It's damned obvious that she killed herself and tried to take her family with her, with Odokawa barely surviving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Ignis posted:

Oddtaxi is getting a dub and this guy is playing Odokawa

https://twitter.com/MikeMcFarlandVA/status/1453834599939944449?t=FPlcXA2npRz0Rm_OPuebHw&s=19

E: also the bluray campaign closed at over 6000 copies, well beyond the original goal for production.

Both excellent developments. Looking forward to seeing this series getting a lot more attention.