Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Advent Horizon posted:

needs new front seats after a bear pried out the sunroof to get in.
Ah Alaska

Had no idea you had a thread, great stuff so far. Makes me glad and sad at the same time I didn't take a rotation at one of our customer sites in Alaska a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Think it was Anchorage but it's been a while.

Post office here is very lax which is nice when idiots crash into or otherwise destroy the mailbox once a year at least. lovely way to spend a weekend when you have other stuff you'd rather be working on. Out mailbox is still held up by a few stakes around the post.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

“Oh, and it doesn’t have a title but I’ll do a bill of sale.”

Always fun when they throw this out last minute. Probably avoided a money pit and another vehicle taking up your garage for a year.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

That tub was clean when I started draining ‘coolant’ into it. I would not be surprised if the block is trashed, which would be a real shame :(

:stonklol: Yikes, I'm assuming you were planning on at least a partial rebuild?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

And, lastly, you all are are a bunch of bad influences. The title for another project is in the mail and I’m flying down to Salt Lake City next month to pick it up.
:getin:

As for the vent, are the two 'halves' stuck together or something? Wonder if someone with a 3d printer could make a replacement.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

Found my site for the night, which was actually pretty darn nice:

:swoon: Such a good looking truck

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

The Wix is sloppy, the pleats are shallower, and there are way less of them. There almost appears to be more effort put into the bypass (not shown) than the actual filter medium.

That's a pretty massive difference. I assumed the Bosch would be better but didn't expect that much more material.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I wanted to do that on the cage in our endurance car but they painted it while I was out of town. Great detail

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

Is there a good write-up somewhere on AN fittings?

Pegasus Racing has some good tech articles in general, their AN hose and fitting one is a pretty decent overview - https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/document.asp?DocID=TECH00096

They'll custom make hoses if you want as well otherwise they're a good supplier to deal with but I'm not sure how much the shipping would hurt in your case.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Scoliosis the tire :stonk:

Reminds me the tires on the VW are trash and should be replaced even if we just sell the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Odd BMW is an older E21 3-series with a body kit. Looks like tow truck driver didn't give a single gently caress and crunched the front air dam pretty bad.