Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Oh that sucks. Sorry dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Filter chat is amazing. My gut feeling filter rankings have been so wrong.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If I was on the jury I would aquit.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Taking out that much but just enough stock with a Dremel tool looked miserable.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Only concern is if they would wind up sitting in water. Otherwise should be good protection for them and no different than being run under the body.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

You're making great progress, good luck!

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I'd bend up a replacement and put something common on that end.

Stainless hard line to stainless fitting would be an easy tig job. Just got to sweat matching up the correct ID then.

Re-read stuff. If the cover plate is steel then welded steel hardline would be option a. B would be drill it out and compression fitting on the plate.

honda whisperer fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 15, 2022

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Like that's stopped the thieves who just roll up with a drill and punch through a plastic gas tank.

I'm 100% certain it went away because it costs more than no drain plug and the number of people who will ever have good reason to need a drain plug on their fuel tank is vanishingly small.

^^^

It's can my gas can fit under plus drill.

I doubt it's a consideration past can we save a nickle. People put the wrong or lovely gas in all the time. And it's never the manufacturers fault so gently caress em.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Why does it look like you're taking pictures in a skating rink?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I like the no rad max fan as a plan.

Could you add a water sprayer for the engine? I imagine fan + evaporative cooling would work great for a short run.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't have much trouble finding metric fasteners in general, but the problem for automotive poo poo sometimes is that just because it's a metric thread doesn't mean every other dimension of the bolt is the same standard as found at a hardware store. I've never seen JIS-spec metric heads at a regular hardware store so even if the thread, strength, and length are all the same, now it's a larger head than the other copies of that same bolt on the same part.

Or you get arbitrary lengths where the factory bolt was M8x27mm but all you can find locally are 25mm and 30mm lengths, or the factory one is partially threaded and everything is full thread (or vice versa).

Or you're Honda and you use a really unusual thread pitch for your control arm bolts.

Lmao when I had just started as a machinist I messed this up bad. Print just said M10. I asked the guy next to me and he said "if it doesn't have a pitch use the standard thread".

When I got called to inspection the foreman (a honda nerd) was laughing his rear end off and knew what I'd done and why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

All I can think is don't talk to me or my son ever again.

Neat jack mod though, I didn't know it was a thing but it makes sense.