Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I was curious and likely found the same forum posts you did. It's odd that there is no depth set, as this is a set of matched gears. From looking at this FSM snidbit, it sounds like the bolt is meant to "pull" the pump onto the gear.

INSTALL VANE PUMP GEAR
(a) Install the woodruff key and gear.
(b) Using soft jaws on a vise, clamp the gear in the vise.
NOTICE:
Be careful not to damage the gear.
(c) Torque the gear set nut.
Torque: 74 N-m (750 kgf-cm, 54 ft-lbs)

Either way, something is now very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's always the million dollar question of "What else should we do while it's apart?" - gaskets, seals, guides, gears. $$$$

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Just stopping in to say 1) Love this thread. 2) I really need to visit Alaska, it's such a beautiful place.

For the portable garage, I'm planning on buying two of the Costco variety and covering them with a recycled 14x40 billboard vinyl. I'm not sure that's a good option for you, but they are the cheapest, UV/Weather resistant large tarps I've found outside of surplus gov.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Keys: $120? You're making me happy I can get dealer keys cut for $11 for my Mazda's.
Nissan: Ahahaha, yea definitely a Nissan. There was no way the sensor was coming out.
Trip: Great photos, thank you for sharing.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Now that is disappointing. I am assuming a used seat is rare/cost prohibitive? For comparison, the same parts on my 00 f250 in leather were $300.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Welcome to the world of "pay to play" - I'd badly like to go back ~6 years before all this nonsense started.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I may have missed it, but how's the Portable Garage/Car bay holding up?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I bought a billboard vinyl tarp for extra protection and haven’t noticed condensation on the inside. Now between the layers is another story, but so far I’m happy with how dry everything has stayed. This is on the north side of a building that historically turns green faster than any other side due to the lack of sun.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

builds character posted:

OK, bear with me. What about just like a GIANT 20' FAN underneath the truck. If it's big enough you should be able to literally blow any snow or rain back up into the sky.

This sounds like a bond trap... and he's got plenty of bears.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Want to use one of lower 48 guys as a re-shipper?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's great you did this. I've been using either OEM or WIX/Napa Gold for the last decade. After seeing the Mexico WIX internals, there's no way I'd want to run them on my rotaries. Looks like I need to stick to OEM, Bosch, Denso, or MANN now. I'll order one of each and cut them open to see how they fair for the "high pressure" 100+psi oil system found on my FD's.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I would 100% dunk that whole case in a 5gal bucket of evaporust.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I've been buying and giving away this set, which I'm guessing is where the idea came from.

https://www.amazon.com/KD-Tools-80319-Master-Socket/dp/B00LH7DM14

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Advent Horizon posted:

Remember when you said to get a CO2 fire extinguisher so there’s no cleanup after the inevitable fire? I ignored that advice.

Pro tip. Grab a cheap spray bottle or small garden sprayer. Keep it full of water and hang it on the welding cart or work bench. If that won’t take care of the fire, then grab the extinguisher.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
What an absolutely beautiful area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Man I want a skidsteer. And a boom lift. Some day.