Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

sharkytm posted:

I do love that the photo of Gir is a Google street view image. It's telling when a vehicle becomes a landmark "turn right at the white not-a-jeep with the tree growing out of the bumper"

Welcome back!

That's the right amount of sitting for a 4wd lolol. Those B2200s were spiteful trucks even in not-rusty areas.
nice alpenlite too, heavy bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Are they really Phillips, or are they JIS screws? I'm about 90% sure I see a dot on that head.

100% JISSSSSSSS
Use a little heat too.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
If the gear is dead its or its neighbors bearings are dead meaning you're digging into this sucker.
I don't know this engine, hopefully it has a gear cover like most rationally built engines that exposes the entire geartrain when removed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

These rule. I like them way more than the standard 1156/1157 led replacement as it fills the entire surface area of the lens with light rather than just a dot. Would be awesome to make kits for more 80s greats.

80s awesome green represent! That looks so much better than any 4300-6000k white led backlight solution. Tad too bright but quite visible with no hot or cold spots.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

the spyder posted:

Welcome to the world of "pay to play" - I'd badly like to go back ~6 years before all this nonsense started.

Christ that sucks but yeaaaah this is the world we're in now.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
may have starved the driveline side pinion bearing of lube. pull it and look at the race for scorching.

That differential needs a date with a dishwasherpartswasher

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Advent Horizon posted:

Eh, that’s a longer run and more effort to tap the air box than just hanging a ghetto looking filter off the firewall.

Do the quality of work on the magnitude of the project itself.
People gonna see that gnarly half rear end and it'll raise questions of everything they can't see.

Underhood loop? fine. throw your 'filter' somewhere not visible. Write what it filters on the side of the can in industrial sharpie. Use a piece of 1/4" nylon airline. Use a heatgun and a piece of tube to radius it against. bend it into a inverted J. Hang that in your engine bay.

Excellent work on the case grinding.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

STR posted:

Paging cursedshitbox to the thread. CSB, your candy cane is needed on aisle 11 in this thread.

I don't have poo poo on this.

Incredible.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've never had good luck with the machine fasteners or much of any of their poo poo. Plumbing brass bits included.
It's just worth buying the poo poo online and waiting it out to get the right stuff otherwise I'm angry and waiting for the right stuff in the mail.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
That is the best FJ holy lmao.

You also wickedly hosed up by touching a ford. especially a Lima Ford. That's two years worth of automotive luck spent.

That was a baller trip to the southwest. As another person that lived in Alaska, Yeah it gets fuckin cold here doesn't it?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
There's a solid markup for conditioned cabins too.

Seems alright? put eyes on it or hire out someone to do a ppi

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Advent Horizon posted:

Anybody have experience with rental equipment? Does it tend to get maintained well or is it ‘YOLO, we’ll just send it to auction in a year’?

Edit: was talking to a co-worker about his ongoing project to build a house and he described how long and steep his driveway is going to be. I asked “how do you plan to deal with snow removal?” “Oh, I’ll probably pick up a cheap skid loader”.

…Oh my sweet summer child.

Rental equipment comes in two flavors.

Unmaintained and had the shitballs run out of it
Sort-of-maintained and had the shitballs run out of it.

They're sold when they're no longer profitable enough.

I look forward to your co-workers discoveries in the used equipment market.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
That is quite possibly the best RV I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Put it next to the coolant drain