Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Advent Horizon posted:

NAPA: “We discontinued plug caps because nobody makes their own plug wires anymore.”

O’Reilly: “We don’t carry anything individual like that, I have to look it up in the system by make and model; there’s no other way to filter it.” Also was told they don’t have any plug wires of any kind in stock, it’s all special order. WTF.

Western Auto: Nope.

So, great. Back to ordering. I found the replacement Yamaha part number - $40.99 plus $15 shipping for a single spark plug boot.

:suicide:

I had to order distributor gear shims from Summit. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Advance also owns Carquest, now.

The NAPA around the corner seems to be staffed entirely by people under 30.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That post really was a loving journey.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm too busy being impressed by that engine stand rotisserie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A couple extra feet to the side of a parking space seems like such an obvious requirement for a garage, but there probably haven't been a dozen of them built like that in a normal subdivision this whole loving century. :mad:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is the price of trying to stay "correct." Throw some aftermarket seats in there and fuckin drive it. It's why I have a $25 ignition coil in my C2 vette instead of the $100 one with the proper stamp in the plastic.

You can always go back later and change it.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 22, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Advent Horizon posted:

How do you properly torque the nut? No idea.

Get a crow's foot "socket" on the torque wrench? You can correct for the added length easily. I think my crows feet add 1 inch.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

If you put the crow's foot at 90 degrees to the wrench, there's no change in torque.

Also true, I just didn't think about it because the only time I've had to even use it, it had to be straight-on due to space.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two questions:
1-electrolysis tank?
2-What are those sheets of something on your floor under the sawhorses?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Not all filters from a brand are identical. I've got a case of Wix filters with visible media and they're fine. My Jeep took exposed-media filters, and they were fine. If you're curious what you've got, sacrifice one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'd do what makes it easier to fix next time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sometimes I like to just scroll through the pictures without reading descriptions and play "Fix or Failure?"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I hate trying to find fasteners at HD or Lowes, but Fastenal is never convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Good to see. I generally stick with Wix because it's a fairly known commodity, but the opening of that post had me worried something had changed.