Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
farts

CoolCab has issued a correction as of 14:29 on May 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm never touching crypto, but with massive volatility swinging the price +/-5% multiple times a day it seems like you could make a crapload butts by just buying or selling every time it swung 1k in either direction. Also is there anything stopping a large whale from making massive leveraged call or shorts and then buying or dumping to reap infinite monopoly money?

i found a crypto hedgefund guy though a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy situation and either he will make me rich or take everything i gave him for free. this was exactly my thinking too hence the decision

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I think I have some friends who invested with that guy, ended up having to sell the townhouse.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DOGE is very sad now, more like to the Wyoming

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nonsense posted:

DOGE is very sad now, more like to the Wyoming

Remember, it is pronounced now like a Venetian ruler now and it represents the financial strength of the most serene republic!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Remember, it is pronounced now like a Venetian ruler now and it represents the financial strength of the most serene republic!

Every single person who mentions it says dojj-coin like some kind of half wit. I have always pronounced it like the Venetians.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

always been dōg

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

philistines, unfamiliar with contemporary american musical theater: "doggy coin."

El Gallo, a passionate and experienced man: [waves goodbye to falling crypto prices] "There goes the doge!"

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My dog looks like a huge Shiba Inu (he's a husky-chow) and 5 people in the last week have stopped me on the street and said he looks like the doge dog.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

My dog looks like a huge Shiba Inu (he's a husky-chow) and 5 people in the last week have stopped me on the street and said he looks like the doge dog.

time to buy

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

cumshitter posted:

time to buy

I'm all in on $UFO tyvm.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The meme coin based on a "cute doggy" meme having a meme pronunciation seems right.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cumshitter posted:

time to buy

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

welp
https://twitter.com/CoinbasePro/status/1399804765534572550

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If they want people to be interested, they should enable trading in GME and AMC.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DOGE has left its shed, and moving on up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nonsense posted:

DOGE has left its shed, and moving on up

ive been hodl me doge

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
AMC at $42 in the pre-market :eyepop:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

OhFunny posted:

AMC at $42 in the pre-market :eyepop:

why is it moving around like it's actively trading, while other stocks aren't?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-gaza-conflict-spurs-bitcoin-donations-to-hamas-11622633400

how fast will the u.s. regulate crypto now

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I was going to buy back in with AMC when they halted trading at $57, but I went to read the Doomsday thread and it popped to $67 by the time I switched apps back.

Edit: I also doubled down on GME a week or so ago to bring down my break even cost per share and went back into the black today.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
AMC: What the gently caress

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I dumped BBBY on the 28th at $28 since it had been there for three months and now it's spiked to $41.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!
Just sold my AMC stock, someone's eating like a king today (taco bell) :smug:

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
with my $10k profit i can finally afford to get guac at chipotle for a week

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
I swore I would cash out at 1k portfolio and it halved at 900

it was my fault, im so sorry

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I cut and run out of AMC back in April with a few hundo in profit

jokes on me I guess

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

I cut and run out of AMC back in April with a few hundo in profit

jokes on me I guess

i did the same and got a 70% return in a week, dont kick yourself for not being able to see the future

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i bought 32 shares of BB at 19 today to go along with the 3 shares of GME that i've been holding since buying at 170. probably a dumb idea but gambling is fun

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

human garbage bag posted:

with my $10k profit i can finally afford to get guac at chipotle for a week

human garbage bag posted:

im still holding my amc i bought @ 16, but i always felt that it would be squeezed sometime after gme

your post is what got me to hold firm back then too. I cashed out yesterday; so thanks for the new pc :tipshat:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i just want a loving house down-payment drat it

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

just for fun, I bought my first way otm options today, puts that cost less than 30 bucks altogether against the meme stocks. i think I get how they work now (the number does the opposite of what you want and you lose everything for zero gain)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

meanolmrcloud posted:

(the number does the opposite of what you want and you lose everything for zero gain)

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Nonsense posted:

i just want a loving house down-payment drat it

the housing market will continue to explode in linear proportion with meme stocks and crypto bullshit

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
there’s credible research that a big part of the explosion in housing prices in the mid 2000s was due to wealth generated by the dot com boom

im sure there’s no parallels to today

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

the people who got really burned were the ones selling naked calls against AMC

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cumshitter posted:

you will never know what the bottom or the top are until its over. this isnt gay sex, this is gambling

god loving drat put this on a plaque, this is wisdom worthy to be a golden law of investing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

god drat it I should have bought cum rocket

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

tiberion02 posted:

What does Number do?

The Number Fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
bought some AMC at $15 during the 24 hour window between reddit finding one weird trick to send any failing company's stock to the moon and trading platforms restricting buy orders. I shrugged and moved on, learned not to underestimate capital

i forgot to sell it though lol. how does any of this work