Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

binge crotching posted:

Rubio as goal of the year is garbage

Hard for Seattle fans to stuff the ballot box when no one could agree on which one to stuff it for.

We got Save of the Year though :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Glesnes got robbed

Again

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm glad Seattle lost after Sounders fans talked all that poo poo online about how the Revs are gonna be one and done after winning the shield. karma

......now I just need the Revs to not be one and done lmao

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Toronto hired Bob Bradley, which pretty much guarantees Michael will get way more minutes than TFC fans would want.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i'd actually love to be in a place where michael bradley was our main issue. that sounds so great, to me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/1465768142387486720

What's more amazing is that it was going up against the most-watched regular season NFL game since 1990.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The AwfulAnnouncing news post about this has this line

quote:

All and all, both MLS and Fox should be happy here, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a Thanksgiving Day game could be a tradition going forward for MLS, depending on who the league’s next TV partners will be.

Yep, author definitely doesn't follow the league at all.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I honestly can’t remember watching MLS on thankgiving before this year, but it was nice how they slotted the end of the game into halftime of the raiders game, somehow

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

another year, another opportunity to say that TFC'17 is objectively the best team in MLS history

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

New England's loss knocks Sporting Kansas City out of CCL contention. We'll be back in Vermes' favorite tournament, the Leagues Cup, once again!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Cinci is trying to poach Jim Curtin as coach and good luck with that. Philly is cheap, but I can't imagine they wouldn't match

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Best XI:

Turner (NER)
Zimmerman (NSH), Yeimar (SEA), Robinson (ATL)
Mukhtar (NSH), Paolo (SEA), Gil (NER), Buchanan (NER)
Ruidiaz (SEA), Bou (NER), Castellanos (NYC)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

whypick1 posted:

Best XI:

Turner (NER)
Zimmerman (NSH), Yeimar (SEA), Robinson (ATL)
Mukhtar (NSH), Paolo (SEA), Gil (NER), Buchanan (NER)
Ruidiaz (SEA), Bou (NER), Castellanos (NYC)

I like how every one of them is eliminated or suspended

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I like how every one of them is eliminated or suspended

These playoffs rule so much. I'm team RSL lifting the trophy at Yankee stadium

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/sportsdoctormd/status/1466815454341746690?t=s-IjOhNENypBYxL1gTZ7-Q&s=19

This sounds bad

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
We're getting an NYCFC/RSL Cup Final and no one will be happy.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Edward Mass posted:

We're getting an NYCFC/RSL Cup Final and no one will be happy.

:wrong:

Everyone wants this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

:wrong:

Everyone wants this

:hmmyes:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

gently caress me

I blame Mbaizo and Monteiro coming back from loving internationals

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The Union have placed 11 players in MLS health and safety protocols, including captain Alejandro Bedoya, ahead of Sunday's Eastern Conference final against New York City FC, according to the team's game notes.

Six starters from last week's win over Nashville — goalkeeper Andre Blake, defenders Jack Elliott, Jakob Glesnes, Kai Wagner and Alvas Powell, and Bedoya — are among the group in protocols. Goalkeeper Joe Bendik, midfielders Ilsinho and Quinn Sullivan and forwards Cory Burke and Sergio Santos round out the list.

https://theathletic.com/news/eleven...l/qjFv7kXQTXvf/

YIKES

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

G-Hawk posted:

The Union have placed 11 players in MLS health and safety protocols, including captain Alejandro Bedoya, ahead of Sunday's Eastern Conference final against New York City FC, according to the team's game notes.

Six starters from last week's win over Nashville — goalkeeper Andre Blake, defenders Jack Elliott, Jakob Glesnes, Kai Wagner and Alvas Powell, and Bedoya — are among the group in protocols. Goalkeeper Joe Bendik, midfielders Ilsinho and Quinn Sullivan and forwards Cory Burke and Sergio Santos round out the list.

YIKES

:suicide:

thats all our good players, gently caress

postpone the game please MLS

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus titty loving Christ

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

:suicide:

thats all our good players, gently caress

postpone the game please MLS

No!!! King of Utah in a baseball stadium!!!!

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

I wonder if they'll change the threshold for quarantining if the Union win tomorrow. I think as it stands any of these players would have to miss next weekend as well.

MLS will be the first major American professional sports league to begin play next year. Might this experience push them to be the first league to stop making use of COVID test protocols, at least for vaccinated players? Maybe just wishful thinking but this is gonna keep happening judging by how vaccines have been shown to be more adept at stopping illness than stopping positive PCR test results as of recent

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1466870498202112001?t=3RwL8IB74VPnUibPoiIclg&s=19

This is close but still not even proportional to the Philadelphia list

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

YIKES

They had to sign the pool goalie, so yeah they are boned.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/status/1467494040186892294?s=19

Orlando signed a 21 year old Uruguayan striker with 10 caps. That's the extent of my knowledge on him, but sure.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Philly is really gonna play a ECF missing half the team?

gently caress :smith:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I might literally laugh my rear end off if this happens: Ralf Rangnick exploring hiring Chris Armas as an assistant at ManU.

If that doesn't scream "fire me" I don't know what does.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

New reserve league will be named "MLS NEXT Pro"
https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1467907818778943490?t=agkWCqr-_3AZcKL1PeG7OQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1467914520211476486

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-next-pro-unveils-21-clubs-for-inaugural-season-starting-march-2022

the independent teams thing is an interesting wrinkle and jamie vardy seems very fired up about all this.

seems good on the whole, to me

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm glad they're going to stop polluting the USL.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Lol that they couldn’t come up with a different name than the youth league than just adding “Pro” to the end of it.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nottherealaborn posted:

Lol that they couldn’t come up with a different name than the youth league than just adding “Pro” to the end of it.

I think in branding talk this is "synergistic alignment"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I just saw that MLS Next Pro logo and lol

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

I kind of feel bad for Rochester being the only non-affiliate team in the new league. I wonder if the league thought they'd be able to convince more independent teams to join early on and failed or if they have some strategy behind it

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

BelovedWebPatron posted:

I kind of feel bad for Rochester being the only non-affiliate team in the new league. I wonder if the league thought they'd be able to convince more independent teams to join early on and failed or if they have some strategy behind it

some of the releases say they plan to have more in the future. It doesn't really make much sense unless they're using it as a backdoor path to slowly create additional divisions below MLS within the MLS structure (which is probably a good idea)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

All the year end awards have been...awarded:

MVP: Carlos Gil (NER)
Defender: Walker Zimmerman (NSH)
Goalkeeper: Matt Turner (NER)
Coach: Bruce Arena (NER)
Newcomer: Cristian ‘Chicho’ Arango (LAF)
Young Player: Ricardo Pepi (DAL)
Comeback: Carlos Gil (NER)
Humanitarian: Justin Morrow (TFC)
Ref: Robert Sibiga
AR: Cory Anderson
Golden Boot: Taty Castellanos (NYC) - 19g, 8a
Goal: Stefan Frei (SEA) vs. RSL
Save: Rubio Rubin (RSL) vs. SJE

I basically called all of them :smug:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 7, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

G-Hawk posted:

some of the releases say they plan to have more in the future. It doesn't really make much sense unless they're using it as a backdoor path to slowly create additional divisions below MLS within the MLS structure (which is probably a good idea)

Closed pro/rel is the only way we're getting pro/rel in the United States, as much as some Twitter people don't want to admit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Closed pro/rel is the only way we're getting pro/rel in the United States, as much as some Twitter people don't want to admit it.

Yep. Even that is pretty unlikely imo, at least within the next like decade or two, but it's at least plausible to see a path down the road. Anything else is fantasy stuff.