Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

some of the releases say they plan to have more in the future. It doesn't really make much sense unless they're using it as a backdoor path to slowly create additional divisions below MLS within the MLS structure (which is probably a good idea)
Supposedly the hope is that some of the teams in the MLS Nexxxxxxt academy league will take the step up and create pro teams for developing players in the next few years. That makes sense because that fact that the ex-Rhinos are the only non-MLS organization fielding a team in year one tells me that other senior-level independents aren't interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Crazy Ted posted:

Supposedly the hope is that some of the teams in the MLS Nexxxxxxt academy league will take the step up and create pro teams for developing players in the next few years. That makes sense because that fact that the ex-Rhinos are the only non-MLS organization fielding a team in year one tells me that other senior-level independents aren't interested.
They could've at least had the decency to keep the Rhinos name!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BelovedWebPatron posted:

They could've at least had the decency to keep the Rhinos name!
No bullshit: they dropped the Rhinos name because they wanted to go City Name FC in order to "re-launch ourselves as a globally-oriented brand in football" or something like that.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Interesting. That kind of looks more like mls going after college soccer's territory in effect than usl. Which, please, by all means.

Also there is a whole rabbit hole of hilarity with Rochester and Jamie Vardy being co-owner. Supposedly they're making a documentary about it for some reason.

Also, apparently Crew 2 will play at historic crew stadium, which is kind of cool to think about in the scheme of us soccer history.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 8, 2021

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Interesting. That kind of looks more like mls going after college soccer's territory in effect than usl. Which, please, by all means.
Yeah. I mean the fact that they didn't poach any USL2 orgs or other semi-pro teams that were allegedly looking to move up makes me think that it's both a closed NEXXXXXXT ecosystem and that a lot of the others really don't want to play at MLS B/C teams in front of their families, friends, and some drunken diehards.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Charlotte's new kit:

:geno:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

It’s fine, not good, not bad, just fine.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

As twitter noticed, it's the arsenal kit with the colors swapped.

I guess Charlotte was always gonna be light blue. Whatever, fine

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Some sort of news from mls cup

https://twitter.com/markjburns88/status/1469783509183180807?s=19

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It better be Las Vegas Lights, with all the craziness associated with them included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Offseason thread