Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

drat, can't remember the last time there was a suspension that long for a tackle. The Zakuani career-ender is the only one that comes to mind, which was 10 games.
The only other one that long I can think of for something during live-ball play was Ricardo Clarke kicking Carlos Ruiz directly in the small the back. IIRC that earned him eight games off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

The only other one that long I can think of for something during live-ball play was Ricardo Clarke kicking Carlos Ruiz directly in the small the back. IIRC that earned him eight games off.

That one was bullshit, Rico should've won a medal for that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Charlotte has signed Christian Fuchs from Leicester City.

e: not double-posting

https://mobile.twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/1402080979162968069

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 8, 2021

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

MLS v Liga MX Allstar game in LA lmao

glad all my players suck

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm sure that crowd will be very monolithic and respectful of each other and the players, especially in light of recent events

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Did somebody say "more rebrands"?

https://twitter.com/AlexiLalas/status/1403081623776550912

https://twitter.com/davisjsn/status/1403082196706017281

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

tbh, I see that and think, "yeah, that looks like it could be the Revs' logo", which I guess is a good start. Still seems a bit :geno: though. All of this is moot though because I'm pretty sure they have to keep the crayon logo by law.

As for who the next team to rebrand will be:

Most Likely - San Jose (unless Kroenke suddenly remembers he owns the Rapids, then them)
Who I Wish Would - RSL (change the loving name already)
Comedy Option - Miami

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Revs logo is so loving bad that I never want it changed.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’ll say this: that potential Revs logo reminds me of the old Crew logo (not the construction workers logo).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

This looks absolutely fine. The name stays the Revolution, too.

The crayon logo is like Fruitopia bottle label levels of dated. If it's gotta go, they could do way worse than this.

I saw this thread as well:

https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1403072738672189440?s=19

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
.....trademarks "Shakhtar Modesto FC" :20bux:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

New England needs a new stadium a lot more than a new logo but whatever I guess

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

The Revs logo was the second most embarrassing thing about the league behind everything around RSL so I'm glad one of them is gone for good.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I liked the crayon scribble flag :(

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
they can take my crayon soccer ball flag from my cold, dead hands

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

rain dogs posted:

The Revs logo was the second most embarrassing thing about the league
that scribble flag is a more important piece of tradition in american soccer than chant sheets and made-up ultras and fake euro names u son of a bitch

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

that scribble flag is a more important piece of tradition in american soccer than chant sheets and made-up ultras and fake euro names u son of a bitch

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:rip: Crayon flag, gone but not forgotten :911:

edit: Speaking of rebranding, the Crew's new stadium will be the "Lower.com Field"

:ughh:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 15, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
A DOT-COM STADIUM IN TYOOL 2021

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Its cool its a local company that apparently treats its employees really well but the fact they are so dumb they are calling their company (and now stadium) Lower DOT COM is almost unbelievable. Just rename your company to Lower you idiots.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

They should just have it be Lower Stadium and have their be two levels of seats so people can say they're in the Lower Lower Stadium.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

inter miami just keeps giving

quote:

Inter Miami striker Gonzalo Higuain has said he thought Major League Soccer would be easy enough for him to play with a "cigarette" in his mouth.

The Argentina forward, who has scored four goals in seven league games this season, said that he has been surprised by the competitiveness of MLS, comparing it to Italy's Serie A.

Speaking on Christian Vieri's Twitch channel Bobo TV, Higuain said: "I thought I would come here and play with a cigarette in my mouth and, instead, it is difficult.

"It is a tough league. I learned that it is similar to Italian football. In Spain and England it is easier to do well, while in Italy, if you do not know the league, you suffer."

Higuain joined Inter Miami from Juventus in 2020 after struggling to eight goals in 32 games for the Italian giants in his last season in Serie A.

The striker said that he decided to leave Juventus after he took advice from club legend Gianluigi Buffon.

"I couldn't find the right determination and serenity outside of football," Higuain added on why he left Serie A. "I had nothing more to give.

"A great friend of mine like Buffon told me: 'If you no longer feel that fire inside in training, if you no longer feel the determination to be at high levels, you have to go'.

"Football gave me a lot but it was time to say enough and find joy and fun and new football in a city that surprised me because it was wonderful."

Inter Miami, who are in 11th in the Eastern Conference, next face D.C. United in MLS on Sunday.

i hope miami just continues to be the retirement home for players done with europe forever while the rest of the league moves on

insider
Feb 22, 2007

So Crew GK Room has to quarantine after international break because he refuses to get vaccinated. loving idiot hurting the team.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

TwoStepBoog posted:

Did somebody say "more rebrands"?

https://twitter.com/ChicagoFire/status/1406032027569242112

it's better than the current one, i'll give them that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That tweet implied another another club was rebranding, since Chicago announced theirs a while ago.

But yes, better than their current one for sure.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
See, THAT’S a good rebrand.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
great, can they stop being poo poo now and maybe buy a good cb or two

insider
Feb 22, 2007

So both Chicago and NE are copying the Crew's circle logo design because it was so good and we change ours :confused:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Holy cow, the confused smilie got updated!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Idk, I like the Revs new logo.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CubanMissile posted:

I do, too. Use the old logo on a throwback or whatever.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Azerban posted:

MLS v Liga MX Allstar game in LA lmao

glad all my players suck

This is the reason america and Europe are determined to make this super league poo poo work. It's like a frustrated adult trying to bash two dolls together expecting them to gently caress.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
matt turner is a loving legend

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

barnold posted:

matt turner is a loving legend

He’s very good and I hope he gets more shots at the national setup.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

this season alone has got to earn him a sniff at that #3 spot at the very least. missed the game yesterday but watched the highlights and Revs lose by 2 easy if anyone else is wearing the gloves. the guy has been on top of his game this year

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

CubanMissile posted:

If they had to rebrand at all, they at least did a good job this time (unlike, say, Montreal, or Chicago/Columbus' first attempts).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh boy, I can't wait for all of the new "<City Name> FC" and "FC <City Name>" teams that will come out of this

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1406978845761232900

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's going to be a reserve league, I'd bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I thought they announced MLS was going to run USL 2 or something in the past month or so?