Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

G-Hawk posted:

Here's opening MLS Cup odds (via draftkings) which is a decent enough short hand starting place for good teams and poo poo teams

Minnesota is probably a bit low, cbus seems high imo

and here is 538s season opening percentages, which really does a good job of highlighting how unpredictable mls is

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/mls/

betting on mls: an extremely good and fun idea

538 doesn't know anything about MLS. That chart is ridiculous. Columbus brought back literally everyone PLUS added a huge amount of depth. We have BWP off the bench now haha. We did likely just lose our good young DM for the year though in the CCL game.

The betting odds are a bit better but still strange. Philly, Portland, and Minnesota all way too low.

Columbus looking to repeat. I can't loving wait for the new stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Crew's 19 year old Aidan Morris out 9-12 months with ACL reconstruction. Sucks. I loved his energy on the pitch and he was visibly getting better every game.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Assuming it takes place this year and they don't change the qualification method, here are the 8 MLS clubs that will participate in the US Open Cup, based on the best record after 3 games

Pretty sure they would change the qualification method. Basing it on first three games doesn't make sense anymore since the entire thing is TBD.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Crew fans are in a frenzy that the club is going to be rebranded again (mid season).

I personally think its been completely overblown and its going to be something completely minor. Its supposedly announced on Tuesday though.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

It's loving terrible IMO. Can't wait for people to ask me why my shirt says Columbus South Carolina. Oh wait nevermind I'm not going to spend a cent on merch for the foreseeable future if they change the logo.

Changing the name to Columbus SC in official capacity is meh to me but the logo is unacceptable.

The Columbus Clippers and Columbus Bluejackets logos are already just Cs. https://twitter.com/AndrewKingCbus/status/1391535554009960458

insider fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 10, 2021

insider
Feb 22, 2007

This screams to me that they did marketing surveys, found out that casuals/non fans absolutely hate yellow because to them in Ohio, yellow = Pittsburgh Steelers.

So instead of being upfront and saying hey guys we know you love yellow but it's a huge turn off to casuals so if we make black primary, white secondary, and yellow as an accent color then we believe it will help the club... I think most people would be OK with it begrudgingly if they kept the name and logo which already has those colors. But instead they went the nuclear option.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

They only folded on the name. The awful logo is staying so it feels hollow to me.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

My main hope now is they will scrap this during the offseason and either revert completely to the previous badge or at least go back to the drawing board.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Its cool its a local company that apparently treats its employees really well but the fact they are so dumb they are calling their company (and now stadium) Lower DOT COM is almost unbelievable. Just rename your company to Lower you idiots.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

So Crew GK Room has to quarantine after international break because he refuses to get vaccinated. loving idiot hurting the team.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

So both Chicago and NE are copying the Crew's circle logo design because it was so good and we change ours :confused:

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Crew basically have no players left from injury and call ups as another just got called up to Gold Cup.

I think Friday we might only be able to have a bench of three outfield players and multiple players will be forced to play out of position.

Our only striker was just recalled from USL. We only have two wingers out of 5. Only 1 LB.

It's almost comical.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

some really fun stuff last night. the nashville hatty was nice and cincy/montreal was a fun shitshow. mls during gold cup always gets sloppy

The fact Cincy gave up a 2 goal lead TWICE to lose is amazing.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Does anyone know if they are going to make the current substitution rules permanent?

I hope they do I like more subs.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

The only problem I have with the five-sub rule is that it has to be done in three windows, and that makes things complicated.

Is that really that complicated? You get 3 windows to make max 5 subs. I really don't think that is that complicated and if a HC or Ref can't keep track of that they need their head examined.

Glad it looks like they might make it permanent. I've always thought 3 subs is way too low especially when you basically always had to hold one in reserve in case of serious injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Those Ohio and Northeast games are gonna be loving cold.