Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Oscar Wild posted:

Which MLS team would be most likely to do this? Atlanta or Miami are my first two guesses.

Atlanta had strippers dancing on the MLS Cup a few years ago so I don't think your guess would be far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

I didn't realize that the Galaxy didn't drop out of the top 7 in the West until literally the end of last weekend. They may have played like five minutes total all year beneath the playoff line considering how late that Kreilach goal came

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

whypick1 posted:

And we know one home opener:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1461349755208962063

How many lmaos will there be if the Galaxy lose?

That is on the same day of the last UNC/Duke basketball game w/ Coach K, I wonder if that will affect how big of an impact this game makes. I know Charlotte's far away from the NC university triangle but I'm sure there's a big alumni-base there, and I have to imagine that'll take up a ton of air in the news in North Carolina that weekend.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

New England's loss knocks Sporting Kansas City out of CCL contention. We'll be back in Vermes' favorite tournament, the Leagues Cup, once again!

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

I wonder if they'll change the threshold for quarantining if the Union win tomorrow. I think as it stands any of these players would have to miss next weekend as well.

MLS will be the first major American professional sports league to begin play next year. Might this experience push them to be the first league to stop making use of COVID test protocols, at least for vaccinated players? Maybe just wishful thinking but this is gonna keep happening judging by how vaccines have been shown to be more adept at stopping illness than stopping positive PCR test results as of recent

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

New reserve league will be named "MLS NEXT Pro"
https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1467907818778943490?t=agkWCqr-_3AZcKL1PeG7OQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1467914520211476486

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

I kind of feel bad for Rochester being the only non-affiliate team in the new league. I wonder if the league thought they'd be able to convince more independent teams to join early on and failed or if they have some strategy behind it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Crazy Ted posted:

Supposedly the hope is that some of the teams in the MLS Nexxxxxxt academy league will take the step up and create pro teams for developing players in the next few years. That makes sense because that fact that the ex-Rhinos are the only non-MLS organization fielding a team in year one tells me that other senior-level independents aren't interested.
They could've at least had the decency to keep the Rhinos name!