Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

paddyboat posted:

Chicago bought all the good Poles, sorry.

Despite my Polish acquaintance telling me how awful Niezgoda was, I thought he did well until his ACL tear. Could definitely use him right now so we have more than one actual striker in the 18 and less Asprilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Edward Mass posted:

So....what's the triangle signify?

“We needed to keep it this shape for symmetry but not make it look like a G”

highme
May 25, 2001

Now I’m convinced Inter Miami is a real thing.

highme
May 25, 2001

6 games total for Williams.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1400891291853070343?s=21

highme
May 25, 2001

I thought they announced MLS was going to run USL 2 or something in the past month or so?

highme
May 25, 2001

That's what the result was always going to be. When Diomande claimed David Guzman did a racism it was in a scrum with a bunch of players and multiple camera angles. According to the investigation nobody could corroborate the claim and the film was inconclusive. Now this incidident that was between 2 people, off the ball, without the cameras focusing and nobody nearby, was always goign to be "inconclusive."

highme
May 25, 2001

Here's hoping for a Seattle/SKC Leagues Cup final.

Also, have some Calvinball news

https://twitter.com/ChrisRifer/status/1412911882206289923

highme fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 8, 2021

highme
May 25, 2001

insider posted:

It's almost comical.

After Portland got shellacked by Austin last week I saw one of the TAs most obnoxious complainers going off about our lack of depth hurting us. Like we were ever going to field anything but the kids for our 2nd midweek match during Texas summer in 8 days against an expansion team. On top of the schedule congestion , we have 2 DPs recovering from ACL tears, the 3rd DP and 3rd choice striker were playing in Copa and then there are the rest of the injuries and oh yeah, Eryk got called up finally.

highme
May 25, 2001

Portland is supposed to be away to Vancouver on Sept 10th. I'm really hoping to be out of the country on the 20th anniv of 9/11 instead of never forgetting in Utah.

highme
May 25, 2001

Jeremy Ebobisse to San Jose for a bucketload of GAM.

Edit: apparently over 1 million buckets.

highme fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 5, 2021

highme
May 25, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Atlanta are apparently trying to hire away Sounders assistant Gonzalo Pineda and quickly. :argh:

Do you know if anybody is coming down for the match on Sunday? I'm looking at the forecast and insane spike in numbers and am pretty sure I'll be skipping both Sunday's match, and then the double header in Seattle as well.

highme
May 25, 2001

This result is 100% the fault of the guy that thought a custom Timbers kit that was number 7 with "TD MAN U" as the player name was a good idea after a loving friendly. Since then we keep losing in increasingy more horrible ways (also Ivacic was not good).

We laid a dear friend to rest tonight and he would have wholeheartedly emraced how bad all of that was. He would have been chirping at Merritt on twitter, but he would have also been laughing with us at the sheer absurdity of it all.

highme
May 25, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

What's his username :v:

Something stupid on Reddit is my first guess.

shirts and skins posted:

Condolences to you and yours, that's really tough. He'll be with you whenever you're laughing about this absurd sport.

Appreciate that, he hung out with us most of the match, and now the pitch is part of his final resting place.

highme
May 25, 2001

Seattle hosted Manchester United for a friendly like 5 or 6 years ago and lost 7-0.

highme
May 25, 2001

brb getting my #6 TD NO PAT SEA custom Timbers kit now.

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/spicycubano/status/1444874704209076226?s=21

Hat Trick Rick’s statue looks fine tho

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1446566324591804422?s=21

highme
May 25, 2001

I'd suggest getting into whatever team is local to you, if there is one, regardless of league they play in. Live soccer is way better than televised, plus watching a poo poo USL side with a few hundred of your closest friends is a great time.

edit: for an easy way to watch games online, check the MLS schedule and look at the HappyKalvin2 youtube channel when games are live. There's no archive, no pregame, no postgame, just a Bein Sports feed through youtube.

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/coreyschreppel/status/1453572964151144449?s=21

highme
May 25, 2001

The teams that did not make the playoffs in the west were all of the teams from Texas and California. :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Nottherealaborn posted:

Lol that they couldn’t come up with a different name than the youth league than just adding “Pro” to the end of it.

I think in branding talk this is "synergistic alignment"