Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Becca and Erika have turned utterly feral.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
#TeamRekha

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I want to see what all of the book titles on the index cards said "I've had it up to here with your numbers crap - Elmo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i wanna know all the ones they didn't find and solve

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They had a total of 28 points at the end, plus one for the question Becca got wrong, so I'm gonna say there were definitely 30 at the very least, and probably more like 40-50. Utterly hilarious that the birthday cake was like #2 on the ones they found though, Becca went right for that poo poo

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
That episode owned bones. I really love the ones where the catch is more physical in nature

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Excellent episode

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

NinetySevenA posted:

erika's complete glee over the sam nesting dolls made the episode for me.

Erika opened up the dolls earlier in the episode, so half of that had to be from missing it the first time.

My favorite part was when Rekha was complaining to Sam about the delivery taking 10 minutes, then seeing the lapel buzzer. Just a "huh, is that...?" moment.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
The dropout discord server is closing down at the end of the month. Which is going to be sad, because that was a good community.

But also, today's game changer is probably the one I would most want to have played.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Good for them, tbh. It feels like the ship has endured rocky waters and is not just stable but rising, so not having to personally float their community chatrooms is a great advancement.

Game Changer continues to be perhaps one of the greatest game shows ever, god drat what fun with the format.

I'm waiting for a mundane episode that's just two contestants and they have to play chess against each other.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
All three were having such a good time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is NOT CUTE! rekhas only dance like this when they're VERY DISTRESSED!!

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I think that was the platonic ideal of a gamechanger episode. Clever, funny, with all of the cast supporting each other. A+.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

lmao the subjective captcha one

What a great episode

e: Hockey is only the national winter sport :mad:

Pleads fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 7, 2024

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Awkward Davies posted:

I think that was the platonic ideal of a gamechanger episode. Clever, funny, with all of the cast supporting each other. A+.

Yeah love to see it :)

EDIT: Was a bit sad about the answer to the Queen of Pop - I mean fair (and Madonna was the first queen crowned) but it was also a clear reminder about how goddamn backward America is... yes I am salty that the True Queen (and Madonnas natural successor) never took off in the USA owing to some piss poor efforts by her record label in the early 2000's slash that phase America was going through where ya'll really LOVED your Pop Icons to be train wreaks.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 7, 2024

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Um, actually, the official sport of Canada is lacrosse. Hockey is just the most popular sport.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

All three were having such a good time.

I loved Rekha and Becca being so hyped up by Erika's over the top LoTR answer that they started doing backup dancing to it

Rougey posted:

EDIT: Was a bit sad about the answer to the Queen of Pop - I mean fair (and Madonna was the first queen crowned) but it was also a clear reminder about how goddamn backward America is... yes I am salty that the True Queen (and Madonnas natural successor) never took off in the USA owing to some piss poor efforts by her record label in the early 2000's slash that phase America was going through where ya'll really LOVED your Pop Icons to be train wreaks.

If it makes you feel any better I also guessed Britney Spears :)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Um, actually, the official sport of Canada is lacrosse. Hockey is just the most popular sport.

Um Actually, Since 1994 actually both are!

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 7, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wrong thread

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rougey posted:

I also like Kylie but that happened 20 years ago let it go.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Wife and I both thought Beyonce.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I initially thought Rihanna and Mrs McHuge said Britney.

Also I was making the same LOTR argument as they were searching for the buzzers. I think it could also be argued that The One Ring is the main character.

Overall an amazing episode and I hope that Sam doesn't reveal the missed buzzers and saves them for a hopeful Game-samer.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Elvis is the king of rock

Michael Jackson is the king of Pop

Madonna is queen of pop

These were all titles given at the time and were used synonymously as much as their actual names.

It could be argued that other artists have claimed these titles but they aren't said together in the same sentence as it was for MJ and Madonna

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nah I think it's not the right game for a game samer, and even if it was it doesn't make sense to repeat the same buttons

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My first guess was Britney, then Lady Gaga, then I remembered Madonna and figured she got the title because she was first chronologically

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Elvis is the king of rock

Michael Jackson is the king of Pop

Madonna is queen of pop

These were all titles given at the time and were used synonymously as much as their actual names.

It could be argued that other artists have claimed these titles but they aren't said together in the same sentence as it was for MJ and Madonna

James Brown, king of Soul

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Griffin McElroy, King of Chilladelphia.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

timp posted:

If it makes you feel any better I also guessed Britney Spears :)

Britney Spears was the Princess of Pop, not the queen of pop. (Kylie was the Pop Princess too)

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Beat the Buzzer looks like the most fun Game Changer to participate in. Everyone involved was having a goddamn blast and I'm here for it.

flatluigi posted:

nah I think it's not the right game for a game samer, and even if it was it doesn't make sense to repeat the same buttons

If they do a game samer they need to have a cake but this time it's just a cake so Sam can mock/yell at anyone who gets in to it.
Maybe make it a buzzer cake that just smushes when they hit the top and doesn't count as a buzzer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big McHuge posted:

I initially thought Rihanna and Mrs McHuge said Britney.

Also I was making the same LOTR argument as they were searching for the buzzers. I think it could also be argued that The One Ring is the main character.

Overall an amazing episode and I hope that Sam doesn't reveal the missed buzzers and saves them for a hopeful Game-samer.

I would've been a smug rear end in a top hat and said Sauron. He's the eponymous character. :colbert:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I'm looking forward to the BTS - how do you even set something like this up all through the building without alerting the contestants? It feels almost as hard as bingo. Sam Reich is a mad genius, but he's supported by an equally genius (and probably equally mad) production crew.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Behold, Erika the buzzer gremlin

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

pumpinglemma posted:

I'm looking forward to the BTS - how do you even set something like this up all through the building without alerting the contestants? It feels almost as hard as bingo. Sam Reich is a mad genius, but he's supported by an equally genius (and probably equally mad) production crew.

When the episode started and they showed the crew meeting I went “whoa that’s so many people”. I understood why by the end. There were so many moving parts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Froghammer posted:

Behold, Erika the buzzer gremlin

Erika always brings absolute insanity. That episode of Make Some Noise with her, Brennan, and Izzy is incredible.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I also like Kylie but that happened 20 years ago let it go.
Sorry, I just can't get her out of my head.

Also, based off your name, American Cultural Imperialism has blinded you to the fact that she's dominated the International pop scene for the last 30 years :colbert:

At least the US Patient Office agrees; Kylie Jenner tried to trademark the name Kylie in the USA, which resulted in this gem:

quote:

Minogue’s lawyers sent a scathing letter to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office which argued that, by contrast, Minogue is “an internationally-renowned performing artist, humanitarian and breast cancer activist known worldwide simply as ‘Kylie’.” It then reportedly described Jenner as “a secondary reality television personality”.

:haw:

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

pajamadongimatouchit new username just dropped

the first shiny round is pretty good.

ify has really grown on me as host of um, actually

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Um, Actually... there is no help for Americans it would have been hilarious if that was the answer. I also didn't know those services existed!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
This Game Changer was the polar opposite of the harrowing episodes where they torture the contestants. Everyone involved was just having a wonderful time. I agree with the other poster, this seems like the episode I most would want to be a contestant on myself.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I imagine this was a one-chili episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rougey posted:

Sorry, I just can't get her out of my head.

Also, based off your name, American Cultural Imperialism has blinded you to the fact that she's dominated the International pop scene for the last 30 years :colbert:
I'm not going to be gaslit into believing that Kylie was dominating the pop scene in her Impossible Princess era!!

(I'm Canadian, but the very first online purchase I made was I begged my mom to let me import Fever off amazon dot co dot uk because I loved Light Years so much and Fever came out 5 months later in North America than in the rest of the world. God, I watched the olympics opening ceremony because I knew she would be performing)

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 8, 2024