Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Kimia saying 'freezing' shouldn't have counted.

That was a weighted debate in the episode, but my defense (which isn't much)

She says she is FREEZE-ing so maybe it's the syllabic of Freeze.

But what I noticed, as the rule is anybody can say it, I'm surprised nobody decided to "break the finale" and before the party bus, scream "FREEZE" and force everybody to stop and not enter.

Or have two people go, and say freeze, and stay out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

TelevisedInsanity posted:

That was a weighted debate in the episode, but my defense (which isn't much)

She says she is FREEZE-ing so maybe it's the syllabic of Freeze.

But what I noticed, as the rule is anybody can say it, I'm surprised nobody decided to "break the finale" and before the party bus, scream "FREEZE" and force everybody to stop and not enter.

Or have two people go, and say freeze, and stay out.

That would have been funny, but not AS funny as the bait-and-switch, and reminding players that the game was still going on would have made them more careful on the party bus.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Lou's reaction after the party bus reveal was so loving funny. He is a really good physical comedian imo. Really all three of them are

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I never finished season 5 of Game Changer and I'm realizing that I didn't give Jacob Wysocki enough credit in the past. I can't quite describe the energy he brings, but it's great and unique for sure

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

I never finished season 5 of Game Changer and I'm realizing that I didn't give Jacob Wysocki enough credit in the past. I can't quite describe the energy he brings, but it's great and unique for sure

You should definitely finish S5. The last 7 episodes are all bangers. There are moments in Battle Royale that really sum up his energy.

For this who have seen it:

All of his interactions with Howie are just incredible and I think show what he can do: wild creative ideas that he's willing to fully commit to.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'll argue that Battle Royale is kind of an endless parade slog that doesn't give the contestants opportunities to shine. I'm sure it was fun to film, and there's a handful of good moments in there, but it's really not worth the time unless you need some familiar background noise.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just finished the Battle Royale and honestly I liked it. I was disappointed that my favorite two cast members were the first ones eliminated, but watching everyone make asses of themselves in short bursts was a good time.

I was also deeply impressed with Ally's sandwich in the food contest. Also also how is it that I knew that Siobhan has celiac's disease, but this is the first time I've ever heard about Ally also having it???

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Ify's voice sounds rough this episode.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The new vibes on Um Actually are so much better. Previously I only checked in if there was a contestant I knew I really liked, but now I am all in on the weird tangents between each question

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there should be more booze on Um actually in general

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TaurusTorus posted:

Ify's voice sounds rough this episode.

I noticed that. It might have been shot at the end of a long day of filming.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Kimia saying 'freezing' shouldn't have counted.

I agree, but it ultimately didn't change 1st/2nd/3rd, and it was absolutely needed to make it clear that their friends were in on it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/pax/status/1767989052827967974?t=xpgxS2uXxnJ-WpLeBbU6Ug&s=19

I hope they do PAX West, Labor Day weekend, as well

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm still catching up on Junior Year. I fully loving lost it at YOU ARE ENTERING THE VULTURE DIMENSEOOOOOOOON and I want a clip of Brennan just screaming that. I'd unironically use it for like phone notifications.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i know bdg has a stream and a youtube and all but i am excited at him getting more involved with people like dropout that have their own television studio.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah bdg is cool. was pretty ehh on his VIP episode though. was giving the show a try with some friends and the zac oyama episode got big laughs but bdg's was crickets

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Farg posted:

yeah bdg is cool. was pretty ehh on his VIP episode though. was giving the show a try with some friends and the zac oyama episode got big laughs but bdg's was crickets

Did they give it a little clap?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Raspberry Bang posted:

Did they give it a little clap?

BDG's run wasn't nearly as unhinged as some of the others. You didn't get Vic getting spanked by her ex-stepgrandmonther or eating a faceful of protein powder.

Who all is left to go from the previews? I know theres Brennan as some sort of cave man professor still. Not sure who else is in this season though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oscar Montoya/Jiavani as twins, Caveman Brennan, Fancy Izzy Roland, Nun Rashawn Scott with Goth Priest Ross Bryant, Pig-girl Ally Beardsley.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Does anyone else sort of miss Um Actually and Game Changer being on alternating weeks?

Felt like before I had something to look forward to each week but now they both are on the same week and then I just don't watch Dropout for a week :v:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Bard Maddox posted:

Sam Says IV: Champion's Edition

Brennan, Ally, and Jacob

I feel like Ally's Sam Says was the weakest. You really need someone with the driven-to-win energy of a Brennan or a Lou to really make the episode pop.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
You should be watching VIP on the alternate weeks :colbert:

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
BDG’s episode picks up in the latter half. I was similarly disappointed at first but ended up enjoying it

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

whydirt posted:

You should be watching VIP on the alternate weeks :colbert:

VIP is good but it's not really the tentpole that Um Actually and Game Changer are. :v:

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Magitek posted:

BDG’s episode picks up in the latter half. I was similarly disappointed at first but ended up enjoying it

That's really his comedy style though, start off fairly innocuous and get really weird, very quickly.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kazy posted:

VIP is good but it's not really the tentpole that Um Actually and Game Changer are. :v:

It's also at the end of the week, so it's still a while between big shows to watch.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It didn't really hit with me, felt kind of on-the-nose. Guy's got more of a theater-kid sensibility than improv-insanity (Gilroy cough cough), so it didn't really go anywhere outside of "so you're a mad scientist". AVery Goodman is a fun name though.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Neito posted:

I feel like Ally's Sam Says was the weakest. You really need someone with the driven-to-win energy of a Brennan or a Lou to really make the episode pop.

Except for the most memorable ending to any Sam says

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It didn't really hit with me, felt kind of on-the-nose. Guy's got more of a theater-kid sensibility than improv-insanity (Gilroy cough cough), so it didn't really go anywhere outside of "so you're a mad scientist". AVery Goodman is a fun name though.

I agree, but I enjoyed the episode because I enjoyed Vic filling in and driving the scene forward. Also the clicky clicky claw.

But yeah, when someone like Gilroy or Oyama get going it's a whole 'nother level.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
The imagery that Brennan conjures up in the latest Adventuring Party regarding yoga is amazing and just a touch too vivid

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

In an interview very recently Sam says(SAM SAYS) the season finale of VIP is Brennan's episode and it's the most Vic you've ever seen Vic be, also VIP is getting a season 2

unrelated but

"Do you have a warrant?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you have a loving warrant?"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

inthesto posted:

He should be much better at Sam Says, after all he did eliminate the Bellas from the Riff-Off in Pitch Perfect because they said "it's" instead of "it"

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Jacob Wysocki released a (non-Dropout) video earlier today
https://youtu.be/8rTBbXm4S2g?si=lzejXYKuS9elgcuD

edit: it’s sick as hell, rock and roll

Phlag fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 15, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Mob posted:

In an interview very recently Sam says(SAM SAYS) the season finale of VIP is Brennan's episode and it's the most Vic you've ever seen Vic be, also VIP is getting a season 2

Happy for Vic. I don't think I've seen someone embody Scott Aukerman energy as well as they have - chaotic host that meets their guests energy exactly where they need to. Knows when to sit back and let the guest go, but also when to intervene and drive the scene if they aren't going anywhere. Gilroy's ep is incredible improv, in part due to their contributions to it - but they carry BDG and a few other's when they're doing straight characters and flopping a bit on the comedy side of it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Awkward Davies posted:

Except for the most memorable ending to any Sam says

Yeah, them showing up in NYC at the end was pretty great.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Happy for Vic. I don't think I've seen someone embody Scott Aukerman energy as well as they have - chaotic host that meets their guests energy exactly where they need to. Knows when to sit back and let the guest go, but also when to intervene and drive the scene if they aren't going anywhere. Gilroy's ep is incredible improv, in part due to their contributions to it - but they carry BDG and a few other's when they're doing straight characters and flopping a bit on the comedy side of it.

i dont think shes anywhere near aukerman’s casual disdain for his guests, which he developed over a decade+ of having to tolerate them. shes still in her first season and lacks confidence

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So the second arc of Worlds Beyond Number wrapped up and the season recap fireside hit, and man this one is pretty madcap. Brennan talks a little bit about being a new dad and they have an extended sidetrack about which Pokémon is the most fuckable.

I'm really digging WBN more than basically any other actual play out right now, and the second arc had next to no combat in it.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

DeathSandwich posted:

So the second arc of Worlds Beyond Number wrapped up and the season recap fireside hit, and man this one is pretty madcap. Brennan talks a little bit about being a new dad and they have an extended sidetrack about which Pokémon is the most fuckable.

I'm really digging WBN more than basically any other actual play out right now, and the second arc had next to no combat in it.

The wheezing laugh that Aabria let out when Lou went, "Bellsprout, right? It's all mouth," was the most unhinged poo poo and I had to pause for a minute because I couldn't stop laughing.

WBN is definitely different, but in a way that I love, and they're doing so much cool narrative poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Recency bias be damned, Sam Says 3 is the best episode of Game Changer. I watched it again tonight and it's just as good again. Sam is an evil genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Fantasy high s3 "I show you all full butthole"