Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

double nine posted:

been rewatching the preview for some details

this is gonna be good

But for real, "He's my student"? Lady, you've given him one lesson. And you're taking credit for that incredible jazz piano performance? Get real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

But for real, "He's my student"? Lady, you've given him one lesson. And you're taking credit for that incredible jazz piano performance? Get real.

I suspect PFT will be arguing she's aware of/in her own time loop, like JK Simmons in Palm Springs. (Which is a great evolution of the Groundhog Day idea that avoids some of the ethically dubious aspects of the romance)

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
By teaching Phil the piano she is also teaching him the value of rote practice and commitment, giving him the practical skills needed to self-actualize and escape the vague be-a-better-person loop. If it wasn't for her he'd probably still be in the loop! She deserves to be proud.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Mr. Lee Mulligan went on Hollywood Handbook to be mercilessly bullied about Dropout

https://headgum.com/hollywood-handbook/brennan-lee-mulligan-our-dropout-tv-friend

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

It took some googling (because I dont know Hollywood Handbook) to understand that they're doing a bit. That podcast just made me lovely listening to it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

yeah HH if you've never heard it, is a bit, one of the earliest episodes has Adam Pally and they ask him "what did you get your commercial agent for Christmas?" and he goes "OH gently caress OFF" and it's one of the hardest times I've ever laughed

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I started listening to the HH episode and switched to video about ten minutes in. Brennan's body language is a whole other guest, the facial expressions alone are worth it.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Somberbrero posted:

I started listening to the HH episode and switched to video about ten minutes in. Brennan's body language is a whole other guest, the facial expressions alone are worth it.

I just love how everybody was so close to breaking during each inversal...

"The Euphoria People Can Hang With Kids" part when trying to skirt D20: Junior Year and them talking "You Had One Job" (that's essentially what's my line) was hilarious!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

part of the magic of hollywood handbook is everyone stifling their laughs or purposefully making them off mic so as to keep up the appearance that they are actually as hostile as it sounds

brennan's full on camp counselor "Hey gang, I'm here to empathize with you" deal was perfect to let them continue escalating

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i was hoping brennan would fake-break-kayfabe and talk about how actually all the dropout programs are heavily scripted and faked. those are my favorite hollywood handbook episodes, the ones where the guest acts like its the first time theyre able to really open up and tell the truth about the red carpet lined back hallways we call showbiz

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Spiteski posted:

It took some googling (because I dont know Hollywood Handbook) to understand that they're doing a bit. That podcast just made me lovely listening to it.

you gotta toughen up unless you want to get your rear end kicked up and down main street by the boys

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
was a little disappointed they had the drag queens on an Um Actually and then didn't do any Drag Race questions or like trivia about gay icons. I liked how they tried to do traditional nerd questions flavored for the contestants but i think it would've been more fun if they had worked in some questions about drag race, fashion icons, or a shiny question centered on a gay icon like Dolly. could've done a shiny round on naming different drag queen makeup lines, that would've been fun too

i was expecting something closer to those reality show themed eps they've done before

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
They couldn't do anything that could potentially require fact-checking because Gilbert had sixty extra pounds balanced on top of his head

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just rewatched the 'If Google was a Guy' sketches, and had 3 thoughts:

1. Randall Park as Bing is basically perfect casting
2. Emily as the kind of girl who looks for thirst trap pics of the Boston bomber or pics of Paul Walker's car wreck is hysterical
3. Elaine screaming "HEG HOG CUTE" makes me giggle every time.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Darcy Carden was in one of these too as a climate change denier. Which is kind of amusing considering her most famous role is basically 'what if Google was Not A Girl'.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 31, 2024

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You have been a bad friend to Riz Gukgak, Adaine.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Mob posted:

You have been a bad friend to Riz Gukgak, Adaine.

Chills when he said that. Lou really put his whole self into that performance. And I think he was getting a smidge of pleasure from doing his seventy-billion-attacks things against a fellow cast member

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Kloaked00 posted:

Chills when he said that. Lou really put his whole self into that performance. And I think he was getting a smidge of pleasure from doing his seventy-billion-attacks things against a fellow cast member

YOU LET YOUR FRIENDS CALL HIM "THE BALL", ADAINE

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"Is Fandrangor magical?"

Well it's a sword with a name wielded by a 10th level multiclassed Fighter/Bard, what do you think lol

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Kloaked00 posted:

burning spell slots and having them *not* count as magical attacks was sending Siobhan up the loving WALL

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Behind the Scenes of 'Pencils Down' Game Changer. It has a cut-for-time challenge, 'Modify this Masterpiece'

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

"Why's that close to home, Sam? Where are you from?"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Dropout.tv: A pansexual nerd with a tattoo of the drama masks and an anxiety disorder

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dimension 21 is a great and hellish idea.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm watching through every season of Game Changer and I believe Sam Reich is a Latvian Chaos Demon who feeds upon his friends' despair.

It's the Sam Says episodes in particular that have convinced me of this.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Latest Breaking News

BDG seems to be coming for Katie's crown

Also I think it loving rules BDG is now part of the dropout regulars

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Grant's really zeroed in on Sam's weak point. Loving his doomed battle not to get clip'd out of context.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 3, 2024

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

really feel like they missed several of jess's breaks

but now we need bdg and katie in a breaking new no laugh newsroom

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021
I desperately need a high res of Sam Reich's Adreno-Nut.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

bunnyofdoom posted:

Latest Breaking News

BDG seems to be coming for Katie's crown

I mean, he got 6 points in one episode; I feel like Katie has accrued less points across multiple seasons, and Brennan is probably a better challenger (unsurprisingly).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Brennan and Trapp are low key also very good at keeping it together, although the secret with Trapp seems to be that he'll never miss a shot to needle other cast members if possible.

See this episode and the absolute no-scope of the "Sam, where're you from?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pleads posted:

Dimension 21 is a great and hellish idea.

Honestly, the early days of Critical Role danced close to that line until they changed producer

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023
Taking this opportunity to say I just love this whole interaction from one of the other mess-with-Sam segments:

Sam (desperately): What is this!?
Trapp (angrily): Urine!
Erika (helpfully): Sterilized urine.
Katie (Katie-ly): It's sterilized urine!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

This is purely baseless speculation, but I realized the next episode of Game Changer comes out on the day of the eclipse. Would be very fitting if Sam had the contestants in some sort of black-out situation where we can see because of IR cameras. I doubt that will be the case, but could see lots of potential with that setup

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm waiting for the episode that opens with Sam chatting to some cast on the set and then the music and lights start and Brennan's voice booms "IT'S TIME FOR A GAME CHANGER!"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

double nine posted:

really feel like they missed several of jess's breaks

but now we need bdg and katie in a breaking new no laugh newsroom

Not sure if some of you might miss the point of the "gently caress up Sam" episodes but the final on-screen score is always going to be "gently caress up Sam".

they miss like 50 breaks for people every episode

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Kloaked00 posted:

This is purely baseless speculation, but I realized the next episode of Game Changer comes out on the day of the eclipse. Would be very fitting if Sam had the contestants in some sort of black-out situation where we can see because of IR cameras. I doubt that will be the case, but could see lots of potential with that setup

Something is absolutely happening this season, with how he looks at his hands and also Sam Dalton's been here the whole time

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Gaz-L posted:

I'm waiting for the episode that opens with Sam chatting to some cast on the set and then the music and lights start and Brennan's voice booms "IT'S TIME FOR A GAME CHANGER!"

I would love to see this. Time to feel what it's like, Sam!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mob posted:

Not sure if some of you might miss the point of the "gently caress up Sam" episodes but the final on-screen score is always going to be "gently caress up Sam".

they miss like 50 breaks for people every episode

During the hi-jinx of Sam Says 3 they mentioned that each contestant had their own PA trained on them to track curses for the curse jar. I wonder if they have a similar setup for laughs on Breaking News

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like you should lose a point for denying the prompter's words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Maximum Legend