Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

I’m loving the latest season of Dimension 20. Spoilers from the latest episode and the Adventuring Party: I wonder if been an undiscussed canine supremacy theme throughout the latest season. I think all of the Roman emperors were dogs, as was the king from the intro to the first episode. At first I figured Sylvester being the baddy was a fake out , but they committed to it hard in the Adventuring Party. Maybe there’s a dogs versus the other animals thing going on? Brennan noted the police were 3 dogs and two cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I think I’ll give WBN a couple more episodes but at the moment Erica is playing “Make every moment an after school special” Dungeons and Dragons that I’m not a fan of. Lou’s character in an unfair but interesting scene? Better chime in “Don’t be mean to my friend! I’ll now describe what I think the end result of your character’s growth should be.”

And it’s very very pretentious. I think I need a larger percentage of comedy in my actual plays.

Thanks for this post. I was curious about this because the cast is great, but the preview I started listening to was too self-serious. I’ll skip it for now.

E:

blackcross posted:

But so far I just don't care that much when the melodrama starts.

Yup. I love when NADDPOD or D20 do occasional dips into those moments, but I’m not into listening to hours and hours of it.

Prairie Bus fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 6, 2023

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

whydirt posted:

I don’t care about which campaigns are the best as actual games, tbh. I just want the ones that are most entertaining

My wife doesn’t play D&D and says Starstruck was her favorite. The world is immediately recognizable (space capitalism gone too far) and well-realized, and the cast all bounce off each other really well. It’s consistently funny with some great character beats.