Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hey I just discovered Dropout TV a week or so ago and I gotta say, Escape from the Bloodkeep is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm a few episodes into The Unsleeping City and I'm liking it a lot, but as a non New-Yorker, why doesn't anyone want to go to Staten Island?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay yeah that makes sense. rip to Staten Islanders I guess

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just finished the first season of Unsleeping City and that was some good poo poo. Probably going to let that marinade before I try season 2, maybe look at a miniseries or something.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I started The Unsleeping City I genuinely thought Pete was a detective. I think I just missed a few sentences early on, but he was introduced with "if you're looking for something he can find it for you" and he had a gun! His presentation was much like any other washed-up hard-boiled noir detective, can't make rent, can't sleep, can't keep a girlfriend, and dealing illicit substances as a side hustle until the next rich broad wants to find out if her husband is cheating. Even with his dad and the times Kingston called him "Kid" I just went "wow I guess he started detective work real young." It wasn't until the lovely investigation rolls that I actually caught on.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 6, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hey so Starstruck Odyssey is really loving great, I'm on episode 15 or 16 I think?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Brennan's faint, incredulous "How did you know there's be a Plinth in this fight?!" is absolutely beautiful. Just excellent across the board, like Brennan is setting them up for slaughter and these chuclefucks somehow keep winning.

Edit: also I love Plug

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 14, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fantasy High and Unsleeping City both got sequels, don't know if they do them for the shorter series.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've liked the other campaigns that I've watched so far but Starstruck rocketed to the top around Sundry Sidney's introduction and then just stayed there.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
He may have overshadowed the whole thing but "Evan Kelmp Blasts a Kid into the Underworld" was literally why I started watching the Dimension 20 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OH5Kz3uXh8

I wanted some *context*

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Jesus loving Christ the Grant O'Brien Breaking News episodes. :stonk:

FIFTY?!

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 26, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The announcement is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvX3oinPTCg

They're dropping the College Humor brand, now it's all Dropout, baby!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Should the thread title drop the College Humor part? :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fantasy High took a little while to grab me but it turns out I love all these crazy kids. All of them especially Riz.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Starstruck hooked me about halfway through Sundry Sidney's introduction. I love her.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm nearing the end of Sophomore Year and it's real good.

The Bad Kids are all doing their personal crucible at the Nightmare King's Forest and I think i might be about to start crying on my lunch break

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I didn't think the Sophomore Year finale would be uhhhh five hours long? I mean it's good but if I checked the video length first I woulda saved it for tomorrow

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's a spoiler for yesterday's episode of Burrow's End

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Coatlicue posted:

Is it an elk or a moose? these are two very different animals.

The Alces alces is called a moose in North America and an elk in Europe, and what Americans call an elk is the Cervus canadensis, or wapti; its also called a bunch of other things because they live in Siberia and Mongolia and I presume the people who live there have their own name for it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Burrow's End With how the previous episodes have been panning out I was curious if they could somehow wrangle a non-combat finale but uhhhh those content warnings

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
hey, could anyone sell me on Crown of Candy? I know it's a really popular season but GoT-style political intrigue doesn't interest me, does it pick up later or should I just watch something else.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Neverafter Adventuring Party somehow manages to be right after each episode and absolutely unhinged

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Thanks, it all sounds very interesting but more or less the opposite of what I like, so I think I'll give it a pass for now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know if the best single season is Starstruck Odyssey but it's definitely the best I've seen so far.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 30, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We've never met any of these guys ever

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
every new thing I learn about Brennen is wild. He didn't go to high school? Are Americans allowed to not go to high school? He worked at a LARP camp, which is something I didn't know existed until like an hour ago.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
you'd think that livestreaming the birth of a new god would get you something

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Either the Dropout crew trust Sam with their lives or he pays them so so so loving well. Giving a guy your phone and letting him look at your group chats and delivery food spending and Google searches and unread emails? I would eat my sim card. I would move back to Canada.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Neverafter is kind of messy as a whole, "Fairytales but scary" and "Fairytales but meta" are both well-trod ground and I don't think it ever completely gels together. However the bits are hilarious, the late-night mania of the Adventuring Party episodes is incredible, and I really liked some of the characters.

When I was younger I had some vivid nightmares where I would come to the slow realization that I was 1) in a horror setting and 2) in a horror story and that I had no actual free will because no longer a person or even a character but an archetype and I was bound to the rules of the horror story even in my own brain and the cognitive dissonance woke me up. So I really liked the Evil Stepmother's schtick. Her incredulous "I don't even have my own name" really hits me. I don't care about the fairies or princess I just want 20 episodes of her eating her way out of stories.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Game Changer tonight, and it's "Sam Says III" :holy:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think every episode of Sam Says is the closest Sam comes to being murdered by his employees

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
absolutely not. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and see it staring at me from the closet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't remember an evil twin, but there was a time travelling evil ancestor

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So how is Dimension 20 this season? I bailed out early because all the high school stress was hitting way too close to home and I didn't want to have nightmares about failing Math again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Stoat season is excellent but mind the tags, they aren't loving kidding about the gore

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Clearly when Sam says he's a "host", he means in the sense that he's housing an alien parasite and everytime he looks at his hands he's reveling at being in a creature with no exoskeleton.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

If you had to give a presentation on Smartypants what would it be? My top two are:

Idaho is Not the Midwest: How the US Education System Failed At Geography

And

Swimming Pools Are Not Urinals: A Desperate Plea After a Distrubing Conversation with Friends and Subsequent Polling

Why angels crowd around satellites (to eat your text messages), and what texts they find the tastiest and/or nourishing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't think there's "actually" a secret plot or whatever with Sam looking at his hands at each introduction but speculating on nonsense is fun, and after Escape the Breakroom I do not trust this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Margaret feels like she once met someone like Kristen and was so primally offended that she redirected her entire self into Not Being That.