Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Um, Actually has launched a Kickstarter for a home version of the game

And it looks like it's already fully backed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV0cjYLYTjM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Um Actually just had the McElroys on.

*ding*

*deep breath* Um, actually they had on Justin, Travis, and Clint, and to say they had on "The McElroys" heavily implies that you're referencing the three brothers who host the flagship McElroy Family program My Brother My Brother And Me which is not entirely accurate because Griffin wasn't there even though they had the nerve to ask a question about pokemon *deep inhale*

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cyster posted:

Total Forgiveness is a great time, particularly if you like Grant, Ally, or both.

Even if you don't, check it out. It's pretty much the definition of a hidden gem.

Cartoon Hell is also pretty funny, I just started watching a little bit of that

I'd also recommend Paranoia; it's like a game of Mafia with weed. Try to find an episode with Grant O'Brien, he thrives in games of social manipulation (and I mean that as a sincere compliment)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Yes directly. Like the characters in this are from the first season story. Also fantasy high is great.

…so if you’re like me and you’ve ONLY seen S1 of Fantasy High, does it make sense to watch? I feel like I’ll get around to S2 eventually but I ain’t seen it yet. Should I watch that first, or would I be able to enjoy this season with my S1 knowledge alone?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just because I haven't seen it mentioned...if you want premium Brennan Lee Mulligan content and you haven't watched it already you should definitely check out the entirety of A Message From the CEO

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Baby Boomers in Baby Blue Bloomers

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

seaborgium posted:

I've seen other plays of this system, and every time it's just hilarious fun. I know Rude Tales did it and it just got ridiculous, so this has got to be a fun one.

I guess I missed this during the announcement, so for anyone else who also missed it:

They're playing a TTRPG called The Good Society, based on the kind of hoity-toity hijinx found in Jane Austen novels. Those who have listened to the Dungeons and Daddies stretch campaign spinoff Sons and Sonsabilities will be familiar (also everyone do whatever you can to go listen to that if you haven't already, it's insane and insanely funny)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

weekly font posted:

Also Carolyn is a great addition to CH who I would like to see more of. Her Breaking News spots are very fun.

Her strategy of just standing in front of Brennan and screaming in his face was not only funny, but low key genius. Your heart rate rising as a reaction to hearing one of your species cry out in apparent distress is likely a primal reaction that would be nearly impossible to suppress

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I recognized the contestant Rachel from The Circle S4!

I knew she smoked weed lol

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Game Changer S6 episode where Brennen identifies birds whilst competing against a professional birdwatcher and an ornithologist practically writes itself

And if/when that happens, I legitimately don't know who will win. It could very well be Brennan.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tsob posted:

I don't see it on Netflix now that you mention it, but it did get a second season. I had to double check it on Wikipedia to make sure of that, since I dipped after about half of season one honestly, but I do remember them mentioning more of it during Short Rests and such years ago. I've no idea where you'd find it now if it's no longer on Netflix however. I know they used to do some spots on Adam Ruins Everything too, but I don't know if they're doing anything beyond NaDDPod and Dimension 20 these days.

I haven't seen many episodes of Adam Ruins Everything, but one of the ones I have seen is all about weddings, and it's centered on Murph and Emily's wedding :3:

I don't remember much because it's been some years since I've seen it, but generally it's Murph mostly freaking out on Adam for ruining the magic of weddings on his special day, and Emily calming him down at the end by saying their love is the important thing. She has a line in there about how getting married jeopardizes her badass independent chick image she's crafted, but she doesn't care because she loves him :unsmith:

E: Thought I was in the NADDPoD thread but this is still not off-topic

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I need to rewatch Of Mice and Murder, but I recall being floored by how much Grant delivered on one of the hardest things to play in role playing games. Being a character that's a brute, or wacky is one thing, but playing a *highly intelligent* character often requires you actually being somewhat witty, outside of the roles alone. And by george he pulls it off.

The "casting" of that season was so spot-on. You had Katie playing a cockney criminal weasel, Sam as a "simple country loyah"-type oil tycoon warthog, Grant as the aforementioned clever detective fox, Rekha as a fancy skunk, Raphael as a stuffy owl-priest (or vicar, whatever), and Ally as a giant muscly (but sweet) German Shepherd, emphasis on "German".

Brennan also killed it with just about every NPC as well; loved the animal personifications crossed with murder mystery archetypes.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Buncha Tiny Heist deniers in this thread goddamn

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schrute Nation posted:

Also his first round with charming Sam's mom was also a brilliant move. Dude is in touch with his feelings and it's a strength. I think he took his eye off the ball when he chose to focus on using psychedelics instead of their uses. But it was a rare misstep.

Jake is great and I hope to see more of him!

I keep randomly remembering the phrase Rats and Angels and it makes me chuckle every time

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CK07 posted:

I'm pissed that I slept through this, I was so excited about it but figured I could watch it later. But the recording is unfortunately paywalled.

I am having this problem too, I'm stuck about five or six episodes in. I'll get around to finishing it but it's now fallen below finishing the newest seasons of Um, Actually and Dirty Laundry.

Just 'cause I haven't said it in a while: Um, Actually owns and is one of my favorite shows on "TV". Consistently good and funny. I want them to never stop making it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Bad news! It’s going on hiatus.

:gonk: gently caress why did I have to say something?!

I've actually been (re?)watching it from the beginning which has been great because hell if I can remember questions answers and jokes from season 1 in 2018. So much so, in fact, that I often question if I ever even saw it at all!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New season of D20 looks sick, really excited for it :getin:

I’m happy to see Freddie Wong in the (figurative) geodesic dome and I really hope it eventually leads to an all Dungeons & Daddies season of D20. Anthony has been on Um, Actually (as has Freddie) so hopefully they’re on their way to making that happen someday sooner rather than later

The 6th player would probably be either Ashly Burch or Jimmy Wong, but I would die of happiness if they tagged in one of the Hey Riddle Riddle crew instead :swoon:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

drat, I've never been big on Brady but when you get that kind of praise from someone that made a national name from improv, of all things, that has to be a high point.

I mean, who else is even doing taped improv? Wild n Out? (which I've definitely seen Wayne Brady guest on?)

Not trying to undersell the compliment because it truly is high praise, but the fact that there's very few shops in that town sorta undercuts it in my opinion. Like was that meant to also be a jab at someone else who isn't doing it right?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was just rewatching S1E7 of Make Some Noise with SungWon Cho, Caitlin Reilly and BDG and....gently caress. Can we get some more of this? Three people that I love watching on YouTube and they all bring their A game.

For whatever reason I feel like all the guests on Um, Actually lately have been completely unknown to me. It's not all bad because it exposes me to cool new people I didn't know before, but I love getting that rush of "oh poo poo, they got ___??" and I haven't felt that in a while. I know this is totally subjective and that on the other side of the coin there's people being like "wow, they finally included my favorite podcaster ___!" so I really don't mean for this to be taken as a negative review. I just hope they eventually get a guest on one of these shows that delights me again

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I Am Fowl posted:

Now that Mentopolis is wrapped up, there is one lingering question.

What the gently caress kind of accent did Danny Fucks have?

I believe that’s just Freddie Wong’s best attempt at a high-falutin old timely accent. It’s basically the same voice he used to play an arrogant silent film star in the Dungeon & Daddies podcast’s excellent Call of Cthulhu mini-arc, Mountains of Madness.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New thread title is good and I get that there’s a character limit but personally I can’t get behind this Um, Actually erasure :colbert:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
MIKE TRAPP: *voice dripping with pity* Thread title, you did not say Um, Actually.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kiminewt posted:

I don't know if it's just cuz I love impressions but yeah, that Make Some Noise episode was definitely one for the books.

I was actually surprised by how subtle some of them were

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sam Reich was on the latest episode of Hello From the Magic Tavern, an improv podcast not unlike a Fantasy Comedy Bang Bang. I thought it was a pretty decent episode; Sam handled himself like a pro

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MikeJF posted:

Who's ready for a Game Changer?

yesssss my recent rewatch of Cartoon Hell has manifested itself into realityyyyyy :getin:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mob posted:

Not sure if some of you might miss the point of the "gently caress up Sam" episodes but the final on-screen score is always going to be "gently caress up Sam".

they miss like 50 breaks for people every episode

During the hi-jinx of Sam Says 3 they mentioned that each contestant had their own PA trained on them to track curses for the curse jar. I wonder if they have a similar setup for laughs on Breaking News

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mob posted:

I've started watching the Bloodkeep D20 because of TikTok and not only is Trapp hilarious as a PC, the way all the characters snipe at each other slays me.

Watching Bloodkeep actually inspired me to join a local DnD Discord and jump into a one shot. It just looked like the PCs were having so much fun, and Brennan was hitting all of the characters and atmosphere of “dark fantasy” so perfectly that I just felt this overwhelming urge to play for myself (I had played in a regular campaign before but it had been a while and none of them were available)

The one shot was fun too; lucked out and found a pretty chill group to play with :)

I’ll also 2nd the Trapp love. New Um, Actually has been great and it’s still one of my favorite shows, but I really do miss Trapp. He was great as a contestant too

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to learn what the gently caress is going on with Sam's hands during his intros

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Loten posted:

Also Grant was supposed to be in this one, but tested positive for COVID on set and they had to sub in Brennan an hour before it started. I'd love to see Grant's bingo card.
Unspoiled since it's been long enough by now

https://x.com/samreich/status/1779902554757034027

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Next season they should do 30 minutes of really obvious repeating bits like that but then the twist is that it doesn't repeat, that's just the end. Definitely put Brennan on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

All three were having such a good time.

I loved Rekha and Becca being so hyped up by Erika's over the top LoTR answer that they started doing backup dancing to it

Rougey posted:

Yeah love to see it :)

EDIT: Was a bit sad about the answer to the Queen of Pop - I mean fair (and Madonna was the first queen crowned) but it was also a clear reminder about how goddamn backward America is... yes I am salty that the True Queen (and Madonnas natural successor) never took off in the USA owing to some piss poor efforts by her record label in the early 2000's slash that phase America was going through where ya'll really LOVED your Pop Icons to be train wreaks.

If it makes you feel any better I also guessed Britney Spears :)