Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The cousins are basically an engine, stirring up trouble and action in the game and it's an absolute delight but everyone shines in A Court of Fey and Flowers, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Cannot wait for "The Green Hunter" movie.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MikeJF posted:

The Green Hunter may be the best running gag in D20 history.

It's truly special.

THEY GOT RENNER!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wanderer posted:

https://twitter.com/GameChangerSam/status/1587127761151225857

Kind of crazy how they've basically developed a bigger cast as a result of all this.

Guess I'm either resubscribing when this comes back or when the next d20 drops at the end of November.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
She made him squirm regardless.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The animation for A Court of Fey & Flowers that just dropped is fun.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm glad that someone did eventually try "How many you got?" even if Sam said that it would be extremely unwise.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean, if you stay past the credits, she's just lying there, eating the pizza.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
There is a segment in the latest Gamechanger that is basically designed to be Brennan's Kobayashi Maru.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I have this wonderful image in my head of Ylfa suplexing the Pig into the soup.

Also the flickering lights under the cauldron were really neat.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
God, this week's Dimension20 was great.

I was losing it when they were making Lou tell the joke.

Also, in case you were wondering: Grumpy, Sleepy, and Doc.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
And you know what, I'm fine with that because I'm still entertained.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
CONFIRMED: It's because Lou thought it would be funny and because Pinocchio as a negative intelligence modifier.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
We are never gonna find out what the deal is with the donkey bones...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Pleads posted:

For everyone having issues with accursed tiktok:
https://twitter.com/GameChangerSam/status/1632775545879674881

Looks good. Looks great, even!

Upsetting. I love it!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh my god. Samuel Dalton was here the whole time. He was the Sam in the season's poster!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, you can jimmy those open super fast. We had ones with a slightly bigger opening and would use eyeglass repair screwdrivers if someone accidentally locked them from the outside.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I loved the lore with regards to Pinocchio's horrible, horrible body in this week's Neverafter.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Also I kind of like (I think it was Emily?) assuming that the princesses and such were going to have cute art.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like this week's D20 is the closest they've come to an ideal outcome from a fight so far. They achieved nearly every possible goal short of like convincing Jack that he really was Mother Goose's son. They freed the Golden Goose, they got both the golden egg and the harp and even achieved hidden poo poo like saving Tom Thumb and Thumbelina and Alphonse the Mule Prince.

Oh and I was stunned that they took a saw to the beautiful terrain in order to show Pinocchio's Animate Objects spell working.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Four episodes. Utter madness.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hey, Breaking News seems to be coming back soon.

https://twitter.com/samreich/status/1640370059804819456

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Xand_Man posted:

Katie is perfect on breaking news; she can say the most insane poo poo with the same tone you'd ask for a pen

It's amazing how unbreakable she is, considering that now we know she has a goddamn hummingbird heart.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

bunnyofdoom posted:

So...got outta the D&D movie just now

In the "cold" open, the intrepid heroes get help from a sentient talking bird wearing clothes named Jonathan. However he wasn't wearing pants

Was he wearing a hat made from some dude's skin?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Schrute Nation posted:

Any episode with Jacob W is absolute gold.

Spoilering it because my partner and I geeked out when they walked on stage.

Jacob's fake poo poo-stirring in that last bit was the funniest thing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, it's all worth it in the end.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, the covid season of gamechanger is a bit lacking for obvious reasons, despite the celebrity guests.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh yeah, it's got bright spots. I wouldn't skip the whole thing, but I understand if someone watches a few eps and can't get with the vibe or again--that year as a whole is just a BUMMER to remember. Personally, I would say to skim them if you're not into it and see whether the episode is working for you before moving on to the next one.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wungus posted:

The covid season also has Impromptu Cosplay, which I genuinely don't know how they could do to the same effect in a studio setting, and I loved it

gently caress, you're right--impromptu cosplay is one of the best things of that season.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Having gotten to the last couple episodes of Crown of Candy, I fully understand now what I've heard about it getting derailed. Emily's second character just...It just doesn't work. The vibes are hosed, the character storylines are hosed, it's rough. Great up until then, though, and I'm gonna finish.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

NieR Occomata posted:

I would go with Starstruck tbh. I think it’s the best season in terms of a bunch of experienced roleplayers knowing how to play characters, but they’re playing a brand-new system so there’s a lot of explanation of how it works in comparison to D and D. The humor is incredible, the shenanigans are so loving good (Operation Slippery Puppet is the best thing that has happened in any D20 season) and the finale is so, so good (which is my issue with the end of a season like crown of candy or escape from the bloodkeep; they both have very pat and cliched endings that feel very orchestrated while starstruck’s feels super hard won that could’ve gone very badly at any time if the dice rolled poorly. It’s also the season I hope gets a sequel sooner rather than later (arguably even over a theoretical FH season 3), just because the possibility space is so vast. I dunno, I really loving love Starstruck, it might be my favorite D20 season.

Yeah, Starstruck is truly excellent. Usually I wouldn't be for a season set in an established IP but the IP is so obscure and also wild that it's just a wonderful setting for a game. The characters are great, the story is great; like, you know it's magical when they immediately come up with a name for their team off the cuff. Plus the bait and switch with one of the characters in the first episode is brilliant.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah so I just finished A Crown of Candy and I feel like it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't genuinely loved it up until Saccharina. If it was more uneven, I feel like it would have actually been somehow a better experience.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I would go for Misfits & Magic. Not that these campaigns really get bogged down by rules talk, but that one has even less than average since it's a rules-light system. The season is also pretty short and sweet and it's a sendup of Harry Potter which pretty much we all have some reference points for.

Other than that, Starstruck, because it's all killer no filler.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I was under the impression that the blueberries were pickled and then sitting in like a whipped cream. Which, like, I could buy as being good. You quick-pickle the blueberry in vinegar and some spices and herbs then you combine the sour with the sweetness of a whipped cream? Nice.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
You know, Battle Royale was uneven at times, but this finale really made up for it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, Ally's bit was just insane.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I pity/envy the folks who have to go up against Wayne Brady.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Like Josh and Brennan when they went up against Michael Winslow

Exactly. Or when Sam brought in Giancarlo Esposito and they were just starstruck. It's pretty funny when he brings in a ringer.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

whydirt posted:

Wait when was this?

Covid season of Gamechanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DeathSandwich posted:

Holy poo poo ravening war episode 3 is intense. That ambush worked so well, but nobody walked away from that one feeling good. The look on Brennan's face when he got his HDYWTDT and watching his face sink was just, oof.

"I'm killing her for a second time: the first as Brennan, writing that she died during the Ravening War and the second, right now." Which is really, kind of wild.