Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I like it, only out of that pay homage to reality shows and the game changer being the challenge each "round" having an element from another show.

But it just feels like they already have make some noise and dirty laundry as spin-offs, already did a bachelor episode, so why not try survivor again.

My favorite episodes are the ones that unravel as it goes on, like yes or no, tell us about yourself, or just something recent like the escape room or secret agent.

I already felt like I got spoiled by so much in the trailer. But I'm still sticking through. I would rather have had it be arbitrary elimination, like the worst sandwich is out, or the winner of the hat comp eliminates the first player.

But I understand they want to do the parody of survivor and secret loop de loops and not make it like last one which was a "last to laugh wins" for 20 minutes.

I would like more of those "mystery" games, or just continue that secret samta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I don’t know any of the people on this weeks “Dirty Laundry” but the chaos is very very good. Also the wildest stories the show has ever had.

It was the cast from the reboot of G4, specifically Attack of the Show and it's producer.

As a guy who spent a good chunk of the pandemic moderating that community, it was kind of a nice reunion to see all my mutuals in one spot in my other favorite comedy place.

But on the other hand, knowing G4 isn't returning so the best case scenario is Gina going to D20 or Vanessa on Um Actually is the best I could do.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

:siren::siren:IT'S HAPPENING:siren::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZSmxmxWl4

(Only thing I can pick out for sure is a Newlywed Game style thing, seemingly with Elaine hosting alongside Sam?)

Just when I think "oh it's a silly improv game show" this show just enters this DARK SPIRAL and I am equal parts scared, and excited.

E: Also

DO SOMETHING GREAT FOR THE TRAILER

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 11, 2023

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6lnxZ9QbI

Big news for fans of Ify and BDG

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

As a game show nerd, I just appreciate the price is right, family feud and deal or no deal mini games.

I also didn't know one of the models was frequent on Adam Ruins Everything and was very funny.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Batman & Robin Villains Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze and if you're still dancing you lost a point.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Kimia saying 'freezing' shouldn't have counted.

That was a weighted debate in the episode, but my defense (which isn't much)

She says she is FREEZE-ing so maybe it's the syllabic of Freeze.

But what I noticed, as the rule is anybody can say it, I'm surprised nobody decided to "break the finale" and before the party bus, scream "FREEZE" and force everybody to stop and not enter.

Or have two people go, and say freeze, and stay out.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Sam is just a silly little guy.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I started listening to the HH episode and switched to video about ten minutes in. Brennan's body language is a whole other guest, the facial expressions alone are worth it.

I just love how everybody was so close to breaking during each inversal...

"The Euphoria People Can Hang With Kids" part when trying to skirt D20: Junior Year and them talking "You Had One Job" (that's essentially what's my line) was hilarious!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

On the front, it feels like bingo, but then you find out the "game" is the green room players trying to get their "avatar" to do the prompts to get their bingo cards marked.

Which absolutely means impossible to win the bingo in studio, as most likely the 25 selected per card is impossible to grab the five in a row in any combination.

However the "production" studio playing with the P.A.s to get the green screen players is a perfect "comedic foil" to the game. to create that Russian Doll effect.

I do agree though that Sam should really have a bingo card of his own though. He really should've had a chance to win his own game

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Pigma_Micron posted:

Has Brennan ever been gotten that badly before? I've never seen him so legitimately shell shocked.

According to the episode he "knew it before anything was recorded" and I think that was what was going through his mind during the game but didn't speak up in time

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I like that BDG lives on set and they have to make that joke not just once an episode, but several times.

At least they do the research to help in the Ify Specials, even think I'm pretty sure most of the fun facts thrown are (at least so far this series) "I have a friiend and he told me" anecdotes.

I think ify and Brian are fine and will ease into it the more they do it. First season jitters and all that, but the only real criticism I have with the update is just the Shiny Stage challenges being just "connect the things to the thing" when I'm pretty sure you could've made it a speed round on the buzzer, given them paper and a marker and connect the dots or just figure out better uses for that corner.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Correction: they should have this exact cast back and have them do another round.

I like this but it needs to start with the first three trivia questions in the third loop, just to really mess with them when they get asked about chemical elements, nobel prize winners and world capitals

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Makes me want to carb out for a marathon

A movie marathon of Turner Classic movies!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

It reminds me of talking points from Jackbox Party Pack, which I'm okay with, but, like every Jackbox game, is only good in small doses.

It's all a fun improv game, but the only negative was I think that intro where they have to go the motto will get grating.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Thousandaires is coming soon, and from what I'm guessing that's the BDG moving car thing.

From what I'm hearing (which is speculation) it's essentially the prize task from Taskmaster, but it's things that fit a criteria with a budget of $1,000.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

The dropout discord server is closing down at the end of the month. Which is going to be sad, because that was a good community.

But also, today's game changer is probably the one I would most want to have played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I don't like eggs, but I would blaze it with Bigfoot.

Also the jess wrestling is drag felt the closest we have come to a video essay on dropout, and I'm sure if she has the time/effort, this could be a two hour long video breaking down everything into more details.