Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

sexpig by night posted:

Yea she's making a joke about Grant and her 'going full Tisch' with their high drama choices and all because I'm pretty sure either she or he or both of them actually did go there. It's a deeply specific new york theater kid joke to make.

But yea, Dropout rules and Mice and Murder is fantastic. I actually missed out on the Unsleeping City stuff they did last couple seasons so I've been without fresh D20 content for a bit.

Speaking of, should I binge Unsleeping City? Obviously I know the cast is good and all but hearing Brennon describe the 'spirits of New York' involving 'just the actual man Andrew Lloyd Sullivan, with a big anime sword' thanks to Grant made me go 'oh yea I should watch that'.

Wasn't it Stephen Sondheim?

Anyway, yes binge Unsleeping City. It's amazing.

I hope they return to A Crown of Candy, too. It really keeps you on edge with the "anyone can die" aspect of it and you can see it in the PCs. There's also this harsh juxtaposition where the cast would try to do some something zany and comedic and for it to be immediately crushed by reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Oh really? That's too bad. I can see why, they produced an absolutely insane amount of minis and models for that season. But yeah, it did feel rushed at the end, and some of the later characters never felt like they settled in too well.

I like the Mice & Murder filming method, though. Getting through the Zoom meeting episodes was starting to be a slog. The next D20 season should be another regular cast full season. I'm split between wanting Fantasy High Junior Year and something entirely new. Guess we'll see what Brennan comes up with.

It seemed like they were saying these were filmed last year around February or March. I could be wrong tho

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I knew it was magnetism as soon as Brennan said that some of the things that were strewn around the room were metallic and mentioned the iron screws in one of the picture frames

All of them are really getting into it, especially Grant. He's even doing the thing where the genius detective does something that seems weird at first but then he explains it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The door to that room is obviously somewhere in the manor

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

They've been making new Um, Actually, Game Changer (one of them had Giancarlo Esposito on it), and, most recently, new Breaking News

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

tsob posted:

Having finally watched the last episode and accompanying cast chat for Mice & Murder, I have to echo the earlier "what the gently caress, Rehka"? She was probably feeling a lot of pressure despite Brennan's best intentions when he was saying "do what you think your character would do, and we'll work out the rolls afterwards" since she was on the spot for a really important beat, and had to come up with something on her own. Still, between that and Gangie calling Buckster "dad" despite having almost no relationship with the character it did feel like the cast let the humor and silliness get the best of them right at the finish line, and it undercut the finale just a little. It was still a really strong showing regardless, minor gripes aside.

I know it's a minor gripe, but I wholeheartedly disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The teenager shenanigans they've been doing this season have been cracking me up. They're pure chaos