Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

MrQueasy posted:

I understand that there are other systems out there other than d&d but the piggies gotta get their slop or they get rowdy.

this is absolutely a big reason Because Nerds and I also think Aabria wants to show off how well she can pull off a classic full d&d system with full combat scenarios, miniatures, the works (Fey & Flowers was more socially oriented with a bunch of Jane Austen systems thrown in).

I’m new to D20 thanks to Dungeons & Drag Queens so will be focusing on watching Starstruck for the first time and will circle back to this season later :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Interestingly, Aabria posted on Tumblr and said she knows of the grumbles about picking 5e for this and that she has a reason for it, beyond convenience or familiarity.

OK now I’m extra psyched for this :dance:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

double nine posted:

On the topic of Fantasy High's new season - the combat opening of episode 1 really isn't interesting for me, can I skip the first episode or is there vital info in there

If the opening combat isn’t gelling with you, you can pretty safely skip it IMHO and pick up around 45 min into Ep. 2 to catch the more important tail end of it (which has some really funny moments and is good for establishing the tone of the season).

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Magitek posted:

It starts off quite slow but picks up in the latter half

I found the very gradual but steady pacing especially enjoyable really.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

inthesto posted:

Base ten was a mistake and we should switch to base twelve

Follow-up numerical presentation: measuring time in units of 60 and 24 is a mistake and we should switch to units of 100 and 10