Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Yeah, Brennan sets up some real bullshit fights more often than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

boxen posted:

I think there's a window right next to him. I think when all three contestants were getting close to solving the puzzle in the little room, that's probably when the switch happened, just when none of them were able to see the screen, and then a quick run with a helper 'round the back way (maybe over the roof?). I do wonder what we missed with what was supposedly an hour long timer on the bomb, but only a 26 minute episode.

This would be a good behind the scenes episode to make. Just release a real time cut with like a 6 way split screen.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I hope there's another 'make Sam say awful poo poo".

8one6
May 20, 2012

Farg posted:

imo they have done horror OR the meta stuff

I think this is it right here.

Just hosed up fairy tales where the wicked stepmother/gander/baba yaga has become cuthulu or whatever as a tight 10 episode horror thing would have been better.

A meta-comedy thing where they explore the differences between the various versions of the well known fairy tales with them Gumby-ing in and out of the books would have been fun to watch.

Combining them has made this season a real slog to watch and having like eight factions just bloated every lore dump.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm finally watching the d20 adventuring party episodes. loving Brennan's reaction to the number of twins in Siobhan's school is hilarious!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Start from the beginning because Fantasy High and Unsleeping City are both amazing!

8one6
May 20, 2012

There's also Misfits and Magic which is deeply making fun of Harry Potter just by having American kids attend the school.

8one6
May 20, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I'm a few episodes into The Unsleeping City and I'm liking it a lot, but as a non New-Yorker, why doesn't anyone want to go to Staten Island?

Because it's a ferry ride away. Staten Island is the only borough not connected to the New York City Subway system so it's basically out of the way regardless of how physically close you actually are.

8one6
May 20, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I'm nearing the end of Sophomore Year and it's real good.

The Bad Kids are all doing their personal crucible at the Nightmare King's Forest and I think i might be about to start crying on my lunch break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PfUoOUpWM

8one6
May 20, 2012

If I had to give a top 5 seasons:
1. Starstruck ("The ball is rolling up!")
2. The first Unsleeping City
3. Fantasy High Sophomore Year ("Chungledown Bim is gonna poo poo in my mouth!")
4. Burrow's End (Thorn's roll in the core was the most tense Box of Doom roll I've watched in 20 seasons!)
5. A tie between Escape from the Bloodkeep and Tiny Heist.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Awkward Davies posted:

I just finished the season (ACOC) finally.

Ally was on fire those last two episodes. Where did that come from? Absolute insane chaos

Ally has absurd dice luck whenever the chips are down.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Doesn't Grant get to do another Dropout America or Win Sam's money for every one of these?

8one6
May 20, 2012

I think a fantasy Cleric probably does actually have a requirement to spread their faith, especially when the faith is in "one car accident kills this god dead" territory.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Cassandra won't be the first god that Kristen has neglectful homicided because she refuses to engage with the religious part of being a fantasy Cleric. Probably won't be the last either.

8one6
May 20, 2012

"I'm not just the flowers GM!"

8one6
May 20, 2012

Lou loving nailed that reveal!

8one6
May 20, 2012

YouTube just suggested this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydsKexace9c

8one6
May 20, 2012

It's the third layer of bingo that made it perfect.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Holy poo poo that fight!

8one6
May 20, 2012

I want this on a t-shirt.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Phobia of clowns is made up bullshit: an analysis of stupid phobias and their global distributions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm only halfway through the episode, this is going to be one of those fights they split across episodes, isn't it?

That is getting so annoying this season.