Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
"I need healing, sexy healing!"

I love Lou so much :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

For me Neverafter falls over with the inconsistent focus on the characters. We've gotten a LOT out of Gerard, Pinocchio and Ylfa, and to an extent Mother Goose but to me that feels more like it's focusing on their link to the macguffin of the series than actual character moments.

We found out that Pib is a trickster spirit after the TPK but nothing has really happened with that since, and other than occasionally asking "where the white women giants at" he's just... been there? Sleeping Beauty has occasionally brought up her thoughts on true love in conversations with the other princesses but there's not been a focused episode on that like the trip to Toy Island or the Barony of Bricks was.

This isn't a slight against any of the cast, they're clearly investing a lot into the game but it feels overworked in some places and underdeveloped in others. It's weird, I really want to like it but the Adventuring Party episodes have been the highlights of the series for me.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

A Starstruck prequel miniseries, Oops! All Barrys

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

I would kill to see the intrepid heroes playing Blades in the Dark. Imagine the shenanigans Emily could get up to with flashbacks!

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

If you haven't watched it yet - Worlds Beyond Number did a two part barn animal heist game that Erika Ishii ran that was primarily using the Roll For Shoes system, but added the "spend experience for a flashback" system that Blades uses. It's absolutely as insane as it sounds and worked phenomenally well.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKLAQeES5doHDGbHkm9TQEpOLi6DRaJHY&si=bGLr1kJGlsmb1cwQ

"No loose ends"

The team absolutely steamrolled over Erika and I could not stopping laughing. Pro click.

They should make Grant make a character in FATAL.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a few offscreen supporters and is being a bit more of a role than Saltzman was.

In the trailer there's a quick shot of him striking kung fu poses, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some new bits added to the old format

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Okay now I desperately hope that Dropout somehow makes a revival of the Thrilling Adventure Hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

paul f tompkins

The only right answer