Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

DeathSandwich posted:

There is great interplay between the high energy exuberance of Jammer and Sam, Kelmp saying things that are extremely sad and/or cursed, and Dream oscillating rapidly between deciding if she wants to be mean or horny at the latter.

I'm still catching up on M&M but one of my favorite gags so far has been Evan saying something incredibly sad/horrifying then the camera panning over to Dream biting her wand so hard it looks like she's going to break it in half

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

DeathSandwich posted:

Watching the last episode of M&M now. I love that Dream goes full Disney Princess for the last episode.

I loved her evolution into Eldritch Disney Princess and Kelmp's realization that that is definitely His Thing. Erika KILLED it with Dream's voice; the way she jumped between saccharine princess and angry goth and started to blend the two is just :kiss:

My other favorite moment was Lou Wilson as Jammer getting them SO. loving. PUMPED. that the players needed to take a breather afterwards

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

DeathSandwich posted:

Part of the above may also be just a side effect of a PC being made by a DM too. At a certain point the desire to build the story is strong in long-time DMs.

Very true.

If anything I feel for Danielle Radford; she got the short end of the stick spotlight-wise. Her unique power started as being able to see the connections between people but it becomes elided into just being able to see Jammer's power in action.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

MikeJF posted:

Apparently her power would've escalated into a sort of mind-reading with a few better rolls.

Yeah, I think Aabria did a great job on the whole but I wish she'd failed forward with those rolls better. Hindsight is 20/20 but something like "You read her thoughts but just catch the tail end of a mental sentence, like when you're trying to push an uncharitable thought out of your mind" would have let her known that was an option while still keeping it a failure.

It sucks to gate that sort of character development behind dice rolls in such a short campaign.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 29, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Having seen episode 2 of the Seven, it might be my favorite Dimension 20 yet. Everyone is loving killing it, and the chemistry is amazing. The fact that they're all seasoned D&D players helps sell the way they carry themselves as a party: they know how to work together and they know exactly how loving deadly they are.

I think the plot's a little weak, but I suspect some of that was the PCs going wildly off the rails -- good on Brennan for rolling with Sam casting offensive magic on the loving 20th level Wizard Principal of their high school

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

ghosthorse posted:

Then later when the detect thoughts spell was detected by the curator he didn't say anything and just let them carry on thinking that they'd got one over on someone again. I'm sure that will come up later and it's a great set-up

I am so psyched for when the other shoe drops on this

Also LOL at Rehka calling him a sneaky little bitch when she realizes he's not going to tell them

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 2, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

"Geese with the stats of raptors" is a phrase that should strike terror in any DM's heart

I love that the majority of the combat so far has just been Erika and Aabria loving styling on the Big Bads

And that correct response to a flock of geese if you're a terrifying abomination is "gently caress this; teleport away"

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 3, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

The latest episode of the Seven has one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen

Quite frankly there is no way I can spoil it and do it justice; it's a glorious loving train wreck and at least 3 players were completely incapacitated with laughter

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 27, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

seaborgium posted:

And yet it had huge character implications, with one character getting life changing news at the same time the rest of the cast is doubled over with laughter. It's a good episode.

I highly recommend the Adventuring Party for this episode; they spend the first 10m heaping praise onto Becca Scott for this reason. She did an amazing job hitting that serious note and that's part of what made it so hilarious, or as Aabria put it, "You came alive ... you nasty bitch."

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 30, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

eke out posted:

new d20 ep: rekha 's turn killing(ish) her mom is so loving good, thank dice christ for such incredible luck to do it in one round

that was amazing but my favorite bit of dice luck was Aabria rolling to seduce the dragonborn

:wiggle: "Dirty 20." :wiggle:

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 9, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

It'll be dope to see Ify back; I really enjoyed him in Bloodkeep and of course he's semi-responsible for the true breakout star of that season.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 27, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Sam's obvious glee at spending time with his noise boys is incredibly charming. It's wonderful to see a gameshow host that excited just to be there.

Also the gag of keeping Josh in last place was mean. The wereturkey alone deserved like a million points

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 30, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Mister Gopher posted:

So I didn't know that Sam Reich is the son of Robert Reich (economist and sec of labour). No wonder he knows such a wide array of people

Also why he's rich and also has not-terrible politics

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

The new D20 is good, and Starstruck is also really good

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

It was fun to see the return of Lou's hysterical laughter as his character does something incredibly stupid

Barry is probably regretting losing his heavy repeater rn

I do think the party dynamics are a bit off, though. With the exception of Margaret, they all have incredible chaos energy and it means they have to take turns being the responsible one so everyone else can go absolutely bugshit

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 5, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

enki42 posted:

I thought it was going to be dull at the beginning but bringing in a scab was the best way to redo that episode, and Katie was the perfect person for that role.

I lost it when Grant and Lily's bidding war to make out with Sam's dog swung below 0

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

The World Inferno posted:

Agree. Could be editing, but he's quick to suggest an underline on it means it had to have been production, vs. the occam's razor that it was just one of them. Feels uncharacteristic to not try to suss out who did that as a distraction from the target on his back... unless hew as the one who did it.

honestly I think it's art dept. because underlining the name JUST to use it to throw off suspicion later is some 5-D chess bullshit even for Brennan

I have never really watched Survivor but I may go back and watch some now; I've heard it's like a master class in social game design

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

No game changer this week? I'm jonesing for that part 2

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

GET NASTY

I hate the cops as much as the next guy but I think Brennan is a bit optimistic about the consequences of wealthy tourists + massive party + space cocaine

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 3, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Magitek posted:

S2 of Fantasy High is fantastic. Crown of Candy is also excellent, Unsleeping City... none of them are bad, as stated. My least favorite is The Seven, simply because the vibe is so much different from the typical crew and everyone's always talking over one another

Different strokes for different folks, but The Seven is probably my favorite. They have good chemistry, watching the antics of a squad of teen girl murder hobos is great fun, and they knock it out of the park in both comedy and drama.

Edit: That said, it will spoil some parts of Fantasy High so you may want to watch that first

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 7, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

the look on Brennan's face when he realizes they have A Plan

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I love that the outtake from "Filmed in Front of A Live Studio Audience' is just the three of them continuing to go apeshit

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

grate deceiver posted:

He was good, but lmao his hands were shaking like crazy during that drink mixing

Probably been years since he last did bartending

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Dimloep posted:

Watching part 2 of the Starstruck finale, and oh sweet Jeezy Creezy, Murph is loving bringing it with Barry Syx's confrontation with Barry Nyne. "There were Barrys, then there was Barry, and now there's Barrys again, Barry!" Love that for them.

It managed to be both hilarious and a really touching moment

I wish Syd hadn't been so mean to them though.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

enki42 posted:

Latest Dirty Laundry was great. Amy brings some of her Breaking News energy to the format and it's amazing (doubly so since it's not like she's like that the whole episode and it doesn't get worn out, it's just one prompt that goes completely and hilariously off the rails.)

I'm surprised that after the twin and magician answers no one made a single Prestige joke.

Also the sleep thing is incredibly Brennan

"Kids, this is why you should just do drugs."

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

There's a reason Game Changer has an episode specifically devoted to a game rigged against Brennan and his descent into madness

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Izzy and some of the other cast members from The Seven are going to be on dirty laundry next ep. (Izzy, Rehka, Persephone and Becca)

I am genuinely afraid of what secrets Becca Scott might be keeping.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I hadn't noticed the pentacle before.

"She was [...]sent from hell to kill me."

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

D20 is very good and if you are worried about time commitment try one of the miniseasons like Bloodkeep, Tiny Heist or Misfits & Magic

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Froghammer posted:

If you happen to to have that much capital and are chipping away at knocking yourself into a lower tax bracket, they're great. That's like 80% of the reason those industries exist

The minis were always going to go for four plus figures

How does buying a mini help get you into a lower tax bracket?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Froghammer posted:

Some % of the end process going to a non-profit makes it a charitable donation

Unless that's :thejoke: please tell me you don't do your own taxes

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 24, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

DeathSandwich posted:

If anyone wants to see more Brennan as a player, Aabria did a pseudo sequel of her Strixhaven one shot featuring the good Citizen Doctor again.

https://youtu.be/eDi0TZidQ4c

I got around to watching this and it's completely unhinged

Mica Burton @ the end of the show, face-down into the table: "We're all fired, aren't we? This is what fired feels like."

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 2, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

There's a very specific TTRPG energy that occurs when the session's running long and yall are tired and a bit loopy and the GM just starts saying 'gently caress it, sure' to things they probably shouldn't and the next day yall are like :stare: what the gently caress did we do last night

Like the nerd equivalent of waking up from a bender. I don't think I've ever seen an AP capture it so well

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Lou and Emily's characters are very very very good.

It's a social-focused game, Emily can't power-game the GM into submission this time

*Metamagic subtle-spell Gift of Gab*

oh there it is

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

lemonadesweetheart posted:

The difference between Ally in FH and Starstruck is insane. Like I get that Emily is really smart and you expect her to break poo poo apart but some of the plays Ally pulled blew my mind.

Speaking of Starstruck was there ever an out of game reason given why Siobhan decided to stop playing Riva?

:confused: When did she stop playing Riva?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

If you aren't used to the McElroy dynamic they can come off as kinda mean but Tiny Heist is good

Justin McElroy consistantly comes up with absolutely amazing characters

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

:f5:ing until someone uploads an internet radio station of Lord Airavis reading

also I love Omar desperately trying to get a word in before the episode ends because Andhera now knows how Hob & Rue feel about each other

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 8, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Glad after Exandria they let Brennan get nasty

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Brennan did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Ohhh shiiiit

3rd D&D Chaos dropped. Dimension 20 vets Brennan Lee Mulligan, Becca Scott & GM Aabria Ayengar are joined by returning Mica Burton and newbie Travis McElroy

Watch a professional GM desperately try to keep this train, if not on the rails, at least pointed in the right direction

https://youtu.be/ccP2ISR0gfI

content warning posted:

Vulgar language, body horror, sexual themes, comedic death, inaccurate centaur anatomy

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 18, 2023