Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the para raid can't be intercepted, but that's effectively a voice only channel. also, the spider mechs are cheap pieces of poo poo with terrible sensors. the handlers have radar at least, and maybe satellites? so there is a lot of information that could be useful for handlers to convey to the fighters, except that is hard with just voip and most handlers are dimwitted lazy racists who don't bother trying. lena was trying to be helpful by sending some of that tactical info over another comms channel, which was traceable by the drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figure it was originally meant for something completely different, but a pared down version turned out to be useful as an undetectable and uncrackable communication method. it's too strange and ambitious a concept.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really curious about what defenses they have against the 86's specifically. overall their actual military is not very impressive, so it would be strange if on this matter alone they were perfectly effective.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
who knows, they might be on a large island or small continent with no access to the rest of the world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MagicBoots posted:

I mean, they gave us a map.

They are surrounded and land locked, there's nowhere to go.

that map doesn't really give any details other than the fact that san magnolia exists.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really though the rest of the world isn't mentioned because it doesn't matter to the story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the legion don't even have silver hair!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think anyone took the situation with spearhead operators very seriously, what with how there was no particular effort made to find out the cause.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the military is incompetent and her uncle is a high ranking member of this profoundly useless organization. he's not a savvy strategist just waiting for an excuse to spring into action. he's functionally the same as his lazy racist peers but with a slightly friendlier facade for his niece.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there was probably preexisting research done by their makers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lena tried shocking people with the harsh truth that the unmanned drones actually had 86 pilots and they didn't really care. it's an open secret that doesn't make waves because the premise that 86's aren't human is widely accepted.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd say the sensory sharing and voices of the dead were a pretty important element to the story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be possible to record the voices if they could be heard over a radio. none of these suggested alterations would make the story better in any way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lena might have sped things up or made them happen in a slightly different way, but her requests for reinforcements didn't really make much of a difference.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd wager that a few of the previous iterations of spearhead all died before the time ran out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it seems pretty obvious that the empress has some level of control over the drones. why else would she even be here?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao, not gonna let being proven fundamentally wrong in every way stop you

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's an incredibly obvious place for the story to go, anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, hating the republic was pointless when they were war slaves. there was no escape, and even choosing death just meant that they'd drag down their comrades. so, there might have been some mental gymnastics going on to justify it to themselves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i suspect that even after a revolution and a decade-long war against murder drones, giad is still vastly larger, richer and more populous than san magnolia ever was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe giad should start researching unmanned autonomous weapons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were probably doomed regardless, what with how utterly poo poo their military was. it started out worthless and only got worse from there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i'd rather get something good after a delay than a rushed mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
eh, that's a bit much.