Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Blame NBC for terrible overflow policies. Race should be on NBCSN or USA, not CNBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Reynold posted:

I also hate the lack of prompt podium celebrations being shown. F1 blows Indycar away in this regard, you could watch Indycar for years and never even know they give 2nd and 3rd place finishers a trophy. The points system isn't highlighted as well as it could be either.

- We went to the championship final at Laguna Seca in 2019 and it was pretty surprising how much access we had to that podium! Probably 20 feet away. And I didn’t think about it until you said it, but Indy 500 is the only podium I can remember seeing during televised IndyCar races.

- I’ve been watching F1 and Indy since 2019; the former’s point system makes a lot more sense to me, where I couldn’t tell you how many points IndyCar gives out. The live championship updates help with this for F1.

- no ads would definitely help, but I also agree that NBC picks the oddest broadcast angles. The MX-5 Cup race at Mid-Ohio gave me a better idea of the track than the IndyCar angles.

edit i looked up the points system and … that’s too many points. I feel like NASCAR is to blame for this.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 6, 2021

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Theris posted:

Third place was Mauri Rose with 1000 from winning Indy in his only start of the season.

Now that’s working smarter, not harder.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I don’t understand why Power didn’t 1) use his Push to Pass to get by Hinch (it had barely changed since they last compared Herta and him when there was 9 seconds difference) or 2) do the opposite of Hinch at the pit stop phase.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I would love to know more about Calderon after seeing her pop up in F2 and Super Formula and a few other spots. Any good articles about her?