Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

great race until castroneves won, it's buck loving wild that people are stoked that an extremely wealthy dude who committed tax fraud won

Name a rich person that hasn't. Taxes are bad anyway, nobody gives much of a gently caress if someone tries to not pay them... :smug:

Helio Page 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Some quality commentary from the commentator booth... Nice timestamp works with the embeds now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozIlhs5Bovg&t=747s

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm glad the dude seems to have a sense of humor about it but watching that (and his body language) it sure felt like this was a deeper-rooted reaction to fire than it was "I want to save my car".

He was probably going to try to extinguish the brakes then drive back to pitroad and keep going cause he was actually having a good weekend and didn't want to retire... Not sure how that would play out though...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

One day Indycar is just going to be rejected and / or retired F1 drivers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CactusWeasle posted:

I don't think a person with a disabled person as their avatar is using proper factual logic to make fun of IndyCar

Hmm, was I making fun of IndyCar? I dunno. And it's not like a chose the avatar, I just didn't change it :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Custard Undies posted:

I only realised during the first Detroit race that Marco isn't racing this year. And then I was struggling to remember if he raced last year as well? Is this the first season in a long time that we haven't had an Andretti in a race seat or at least a full time race seat?

You can still see him running the new SRX series because they didn't have enough actual superstars to run the series I guess, so they went with the same thing that has always gets Marco a seat, the last name. :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jimmie has got to be great for the sponsors. They are getting air time almost every week as he spins his car around.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It also could be the fact that F1 on ESPN has 0 ads during the race. That is pretty much the #1 reason I rarely watch Indycar or Nascar, they are just ad break after ad break.

And lets be real F1 just has the biggest following of any race series, even in the US.

Also if you have missed it, SRX has been uploading their full race broadcasts to Youtube (Although still with the adbreaks, that are mostly under cautions though), pretty good racing with some of the old indycar drivers.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 5, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Marco Andretti got an SRX win on Saturday. And Paul Tracy got pretty upset over getting wrecked when he tried to block the inside lane a couple times.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was a Formula E style circuit with Indycar speeds :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jimmie Johnson, rookie of the year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I imagine if Hulkenberg wants to race Indycar he will get a ride pretty easily.