Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
With all the money Carvana is spending on ads today I don’t think they expected Jimmie Johnson to spend most of the race as a lapped car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
For anyone interested there’s a bunch of 45 minute condensed Indy 500s on ESPN+. Earliest one is 1967 I think.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Reynold posted:

I think they threw the red for Grosjean's crash because it was in a very narrow corner, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but they should've let Power's pit guy throw the fan on the car. He was standing right there with it and the official wouldn't let him do it until they got everyone parked, and that just nuked the ECU apparently.

Also, why the gently caress is Indycar coverage being eclipsed by goddamn lacrosse and tennis? gently caress this poo poo.

I'm not buying that the heat is what killed the ECU. The rest of the cars were fine, the fan they were asking for wasn't for the car, it was for the man, and it wasn't THAT hot. The humidity plus heat can make people very uncomfortable, but moderate heat + humidity isn't going to kill an ECU. The temperature was only in the 70s.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So they’re going to have to abandon the race right? It’s gonna be too dark to continue pretty soon and it’s not like they can make up the rest later.