Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've never played this game before, but it seems that even with our high-ish Stealth stat, we get voted off quite often. Given that our Charm and Performance are low, I wonder if we'd be better off just never saying anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

So the theory we're in a computer simulation just got a whole lot more likely, huh.

Although there is clearly other weirdness going on, like this ship being hundreds of years out of date apparently.

Didn't the very first Gnosia loop have them say something about a "Pan-Possibility Drive" as the way you are going through hyperspace?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Common names for animals are pretty much completely arbitrary in how broadly they apply. In general, Japanese words are much broader than English, for example "nezumi" referring to both mice and rats, or "karasu" referring to both crows and ravens. That said, I think English is actually the more unusual case here, with a lot of overly narrow words compared to other languages.

The word for beluga specifically in Japanese is just "white dolphin".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ghost Car posted:

Worth noting that Setsu's line there isn't a direct translation of the Greek line but rather of the Japanese version of it - and Japanese has no articles, so it can't really mark the distinction between "knowledge" and "the knowledge" that way. So it's a bit of a toss-up whether the article isn't in the English line because it's definitely intended to refer to the concept of knowledge as opposed to specific knowledge, or just because it's translating from Japanese (and the translators probably never saw the Greek line and probably wouldn't have been able to read it if they had).

The Greek itself is also presumably translated from Japanese, and depending on the quality of the translation may not accurately represent the intent of the writers. As in, the writers are Japanese and decided to put a Greek phrase into their story, so they wrote it in Japanese and asked someone to translate it into Greek.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Foxfire_ posted:

What happens in a 1 Gnosia game when Sha-Ming is the only Gnosia?

Probably just the event can't trigger in those circumstances? There seem to be a lot of very specific event triggers, like obviously the one that required both Jonas and Shigemichi to declare the same role while one of them was Gnosia. Like, obviously that wouldn't trigger if neither of them were Gnosia, if neither of them were the real Engineer, if either of them weren't in that loop, etc. I believe it was mentioned that there is a setting you can use to auto-generate set-ups that will allow you to trigger new events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ryanbomber posted:

I think Definite Human is a pretty big likability/trust boost, too, so you can use it for some free cover if it would happen anyway (ie Raqio is still in the game), to bolster the arguments of someone you've already duped, or if it's someone you're about to night kill anyway.

It's probably not a good idea to Definite Enemy your teammates unless you're really desperate to throw someone under the bus, though. I haven't tried it so I don't know how well it would go over with regards to getting people off your back.

I mean, it's a decent plan in real life Mafia-type games too, since if you can logic it out then someone else probably can too, and beating them to the punch makes you seem more trustworthy.