Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The clubs are now officially announcing their involvement.

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1383907893091520525?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Void the seasons of all of these clubs. Forfeit their results and tell them they won't be playing again. Get Rodger's Leicester to take the title from Klopp's Liverpool. Its what they loving deserve. Oh, and void Liverpools title anyway, and I say this as a fan.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

oliwan posted:

jonathan Wilson's take that the super league teams could actually join the football league and then rule over the premier league is actually quite good
I laughed when he said he wanted the Premier League to be petty about it and start a 9:30am kick off slot on a Thursday, which those clubs have to play immediately after a Wednesday game in the ESL.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

i do feel a little bad for klopp on this - he was put on the spot immediately and had no chance to build any sort of support structure from which to take a stand, so now he's basically chosen to grumble and grovel
Yep. So on Saturday they were training for a game that would have been part of their drive for a top four position which probably would have been a repeat of their last game and been really fun, and the next day they're finding out its a meaningless mid-table fixture and everyone hates them. Everyone hates them more than everyone hates Leeds.

And then he has to act as club spokesman, because all of these clubs are keeping quiet right now.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

At this point let those three teams play each other and suffer the fixture congestion or schedule their other fixtures to clash as awkwardly as possible
One of the guys on Football Weekly said that the Premier League should get really petty about it, and set up a new 9:30am fixture slot specifically for these teams immediately after they've played Barcelona in Qatar the night before.

I so hope they do that.