Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The ESL is a bad idea for reasons of fairness, but those people thinking its matches would be boring are crazy. They would absolutely be more entertaining than watching Slavia Prague or Zenit get thumped for the umpteenth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

bawfuls posted:

30 seconds into this podcast and I am already triggered by this Brit pronouncing José with a hard J
you'll never recover from this

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

peanut- posted:

I admit that watching Arsenal get thumped for the umpteenth time instead will be more entertaining.
This but unironically

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They could probably make a poo poo ton of TV revenue just by not following the Champion's League schedule of airing games at 3 in the morning in East Asia/Southeast Asia

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Halve the size of all domestic leagues, play only until December. Everyone is sorted into a different European league based on league position. Then it’s European league season until May. That’s my big-money idea.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Quantum Shart posted:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1384763846557147142
hope bojo forces 50+1 fan ownership (it'll never happen)
does anyone call it LFC other than americans

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

tbh they absolutely could have rode out the criticism. it’s shocking how unprepared they were though.

i doubt any of these clubs even have a risk analysis or due diligence report sitting anywhere on their desktops. it’s always been shocking how unprofessionally these multi-billion dollar organizations are run.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They should just test them out in the FA Cup first. Will be shameful if they add them to the regular league and they crash and burn.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ESL was a bad idea but it doesn't mean promotion/relegation is a good one either. In practice there isn't much mobility between tiers. With TV rights the top league tends to have far more resources than the lower ones and it leads to things like Championship clubs spending a gently caress ton on wages. I don't know what's a better system though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Real Betis finished in 6th place with a 40-year-old captain playing regularly lol. Last time I saw a Premier League player this old was probably Teddy Sheringham at West Ham.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Club World Cup sounds fun, but lol that they haven’t actually talked to any of the regional federations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A bunch of clubs are already preemptively saying they won’t join the new league but a few teams like PSV are playing coy. I think the most likely outcome is UEFA revamps the CL to the clubs’ whims rather than a Super League actually happening.