Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Guess I'm rooting for PSG now in the champions league. What a world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Buckhead posted:

Are teams in the Super League still planning to play in their domestic leagues, eg is this meant to just replace the Champions League? I'm confused because the news specifies the league will be a midweek league.

If they’re looking at an 18 match ‘season’ plus playoffs that’s a step up compared to current European competition so I assume they would also be looking to gently caress off out of all domestic cups too to make room.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

For people wondering why this would double the CL for broadcast rights you have to remember that they’re planning each team to play more than twice as many games than the CL does each season, 18 plus quarterfinals onward vs 6 plus top 16

Which is also a big hint that they’re looking at this with half a mind to have this as the only football they play each season

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 19, 2021

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

vyelkin posted:

stakeholders stakeholders stakeholders Stakeholders Stakeholders Stakeholders STAKEHOLDERS STAKEHOLDERS STAKEHOLDERS

Gonna be legacy stakeholders soon

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It’s West Brom’s beloved mascot

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So is the idea to make your initial top division all the usual suspects, throttle relegation after the fact, and then ignore all the divisions below the top one in terms of coverage/money? Seems to be in this weird spot where it’s too close to the current setup for anyone to be incentivised to jump over from the existing system but also everyone’s now looking for the catch so they can’t show their hand until they do away with the existing structures first and then can change their rules without retaliation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm sorry everyone, I thought getting the irony 2021 gangtag would be cool and funny. I didn't mean to wake the dead