Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

the sex ghost posted:

Very convenient that Liverpool decided to tap out of the premier league the night before they had to play Leeds at elland road
Perfect timing. I’m calm now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

Why would a broadcast company want to pay more for a comp with less interesting games?? Absolutely baffling. The CL was already too much ffs.
I don't know if there will be less interesting games because the "big" clubs usually play 2-4 boring games already against shite teams every year. Possible solution: Get rid of the pointless group stage so there's excitement from start to finish - with some funny outcomes and meltdowns. UEFA would not allow it though because that means less money.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/1384176690096590871

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I don't think I've seen anyone come out and support this, which in itself is impressive.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I probably should have said that no non-idiots are supporting the idea.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

cool and good

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I’m sad that the Super League killed Woodward. Rip Woody.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I can’t wait to see FSG try to explain this. At best they were afraid that by not joining this silly plan they would repeat Liverpool’s financial work from the 90’s and get left behind. At worst they are greedy bastards with no understanding of football.

I wonder what’s most likely.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

A lot of clowns have emerged in the last few days but let’s not forget this one:

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1384605315916828675

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

are you talking about Ceferin, City, or Rob Harris because you could make an argument for all
Ceferin this time. A big, juicy clown.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

They should be suspended for a year at least, but thats not happening
UEFA don't give a poo poo about FFP so they should just calm down.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Bundy posted:

The various bodies that allowed the likes of the Glazers into the sport need to take measures to get them back out. Anything else just fucks over the players and fans.
Correct and they aren't even the worst owners.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

They will probably get off on a technicality, as usual when UEFA tries to "investigate" clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I knew we should’ve listened to Flo’.

RIP football. Hopefully the world itself will continue to exist for a few more years. If not, thanks and goodbye.