Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Just watched through all of this after letting it pile up for a bit. I had some problems with the first Megalo Box. I felt that a lot of its characters and story beats lacked... I don't know, weight, or depth, or something along those lines. It just had kind of an intangible "it's missing something" feeling to it. The Aragaki arc in the middle was the best part of it, at least to me, because it was disconnected from the main plot and told a compelling little side story about a guy with a personal reason to want to fight Joe. But in general I wasn't all that invested in Joe's journey, or most of the other characters like Yuri, Mikio, and Yukiko. At the end of the day I enjoyed it well enough but it wasn't one of my favorites by a long shot.

That said, so far I am way more into Nomad. That first episode immediately made me care more about Joe than the entirety of the first season managed to, and learning about what happened after the events of season 1 that kind of broke everything and watching Joe try to pick it all back up is incredibly enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU