Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chief is gonna beat all the death flags like Joe did.

My biggest concern is him winning the tournament won't be enough. I feel like the dude harassing them has enough money to outbid them in the auction or has some sort of clout to pull some bullshit.

Also can someone help me understand the end card? I looked up what it translates to, but I still don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

Do you mean Hasta ver la luz? It means something like Towards the light I think, but I defer to anyone who actually knows Spanish.

Yeah, but I must have typed in it wrong cause when I searched for it I got "so the wave goes"

It makes more sense now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The hummingbird showing up during Joe's match with Chief felt like the butterfly showing up for the veteran in season 1.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

nooooooo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nanigans posted:

As someone who has lost both parents, I understand Joe’s actions completely.

Same here, that was tough to watch :smith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Squidster posted:

This is just to survive. There's no shame in surviving.

:hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A more light hearted episode after the past few

wonder what Mac's deal is? I thought he might be another person inspired by Joe, but ending the episode with him smiling at Joe while someone notes he's staring pretty hard makes me think there's more there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chair In A Basket posted:

go back and watch the start of episode 1

Man I'm dumb, though that was Chief this whole time :doh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nuebot posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that case directly, then they probably stole the tech and refined it to make creepy soldier puppets or some awful poo poo.

Unless I'm misrembering the first season

His sister or at least her company developed the Yuri's integrated gear, so it seems more of collaborative effort to me to combine both of their techs, but Yukiko did it to advance the medical field as opposed to her brother who seems to going for some crazy poo poo.

Also holy poo poo I forgot Mikio is in the first season.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pretty feel good episode today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nuebot posted:

That nomad's kind of a jerk for not asking the ocean to bring the hummingbird back to life though. Then the bird could have wished for directions back to his homeland, you gotta think smart when you have a magic wish sea.

He lost that bird's game like three time that was intentional and personal.