Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm only two episodes in, but drat if this isn't surpassing my expectations so far. i was a fan of the first season, but so far the tone of this has just been way more enjoyable. although maybe that's just because i'm at a point in my life where i identified more with "self destructive adult with regrets" than "hot headed youth with everything to prove"

the grizzled wolf that challenged the motorbike ending up dead by the side of the road at the end of episode 1 was some great poo poo

does anyone have any thoughts on the hummingbird motif? i guess it's supposed to symbolize life, but boy does it seem to show up everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress, just got around to watching the latest episode, and i'm at the point where i feel confident saying this is one of the most interesting second seasons of a series i've ever seen

the way this builds on everything in the first season in such a natural way while going with a wildly different tone to the point it's almost an entirely different genre is just some great stuff

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
just caught up on the last few episodes. that liu/mac fight was one of the most frustrating things i've watched lately, since i had an idea what mac time was going in

this show continues to just be really good on all levels

definitely the best of this season, if not the year

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
is it just me or is that hummingbird story way too loving dark to be a cheery picture book for children?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
drat, i really loved this season way more than i was expecting to. at the time it aired i thought the first season was enjoyable, but not really equal to the task of being a fairly direct response to ashita no joe, but this season really built on the first in a way that felt like it actually had something to add

also the music for the op and ed were really great, i think i listened to both in full for every episode, which i basically never do even for poo poo i really like

easily anime of the season, if not the year