Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Could you even render Rendar?
The right tools would not only make it possible, but indeed render rendering Rendar to a Rendar render raster rather straightforward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waffleman_ posted:

Thread is tempting me to finally mess around in Vroid a bit

You can also consider Custom Cast for making and streaming with a 3D model.
(iOS) (Android)
Quite a few streamers start with it, and it seems to work pretty well all things considered.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I don't want this to be taken as mod sass, but... do you really think anyone could live up to that level of greatness?

Consider though, it is the literally perfect way to present SotE. Dash himself right there on screen the whole time, explaining everything as you go, justifying everything that definitely happened, especially the poo poo that makes him look good. it's so good, it has to happen now. We just need a Leebo render for Crow to go along with it.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Sally posted:

What most excites me about Vtube is that my dream of becoming Dash Render could finally become a reality... Imagine LPing Shadows of the Empire as the man the myth the legend Dash.

today i became a goku

that's, like, at least sixty percent as awesome as Dash Rendar

i never imagined i'd be putting so much stuff on Youtube. if i'd prepared in advance, as opposed to scrambling to do it literally a minute before stream, i probably coulda put together an animated aura too. i'm having fun, though! this crossed one item off my childhood bucket list for sure

realtalk, though, it would definitely be possible to rig an existing character as a Vtubing avatar, and doing so has tremendous potential. Nyanners did an April Fools gag with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFIqvKCQV5A

easier if you have either a 3d model or a kinda cartoony, less-detailed picture with the face pointing toward the camera. but i'm sure it's probably possible to rig an actual photo and have it not look too deformed. all it takes is time and a basic fundamental level of artistic competence

Vizuyos fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 8, 2022

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Soo, I sort of am a vtuber? I stream with a live2d avatar on Twitch, which is modeled after a Tauren from World of Warcraft. While sometimes I "act" like I am a Tauren if the situation or audience plays into it, I really stream as myself. I try my best to keep it chill and happy, since nobody should be getting mad at video games. These days I play mostly World of Warcraft and iRacing, I have other games I really should be playing, but I keep defaulting to those two! iRacing is a curious beast, because the game displays your full real name in multiple places, so I have to be very careful.

VTube Studio is awesome when I want to add accessories, but Prprlive is my default go-to for getting up and running quickly.

I try to stream on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Here's my stream: https://twitch.tv/b737_900 :)

Zafra Zaleska
Jan 18, 2021

Heya! I'm a Vtuber. I've been streaming since about... August last year? I think that's correct.

My theme is mecha based. Specifically a mecha pilot in the vain of Gundam. My model was made by me in Vroid. It's rougher than I would of preferred but I am currently taking steps towards a full redesign and update.

All of the textures were redone; face, hair, everything. I wanted to go for a hard cel-shaded look to more emulate the anime style (I also was never much of a fan of the hololive-esque "soft shading and pastel" style. Just not my thing.)

I try to maintain a chill mood to my stream most of the time. Mostly when I'm streaming solo. With friends we tend to lean into making jokes and such as any friend group will do. Recently I've been streaming the Mass Effect franchise for my friend who's never played any of the games and we're about 2/3rds through Andromeda at this point. I've also streamed games such as Dark Souls 2, Fallout New Vegas, PSO2, FFXIV a few times, and so on. I'll be streaming the NieR RepliCant remake as soon as I can get that set up, and once Guilty Gear Strive comes out I'll be switching to being primarily a Guilty Gear streamer with a game on the side to mix things up. My scheduling is sadly inconsistent because of my job and now my new job is not helping. Ideally, my plan is to one day stream 4 days a week instead of 3, where 3 of those days are Guilty Gear, and the last being the side title.

You can find my twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/transienttiefling
My twitter can be found here: https://www.twitter.com/zafrazaleska

If you want a taste of what to expect from my streams, here's a few moments from my last few sessions:
https://twitter.com/ZafraZaleska/status/1385449673192837120 https://twitter.com/ZafraZaleska/status/1385449105904787458

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Zafra Zaleska posted:

I try to maintain a chill mood to my stream most of the time. Mostly when I'm streaming solo. With friends we tend to lean into making jokes and such as any friend group will do. Recently I've been streaming the Mass Effect franchise for my friend who's never played any of the games and we're about 2/3rds through Andromeda at this point. I've also streamed games such as Dark Souls 2, Fallout New Vegas, PSO2, FFXIV a few times, and so on. I'll be streaming the NieR RepliCant remake as soon as I can get that set up, and once Guilty Gear Strive comes out I'll be switching to being primarily a Guilty Gear streamer with a game on the side to mix things up. My scheduling is sadly inconsistent because of my job and now my new job is not helping. Ideally, my plan is to one day stream 4 days a week instead of 3, where 3 of those days are Guilty Gear, and the last being the side title.

She doesn't just do game streams, but art streams too! I even commissioned her for some stuff and does great work.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
This guy hasn't streamed in three months and it makes me so sad now that I know he existed.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348768562656104449

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Anyone feel up for sharing their equipment / streaming setups? I'm always curious to see how people have stuff arranged, particularly in the VTuber side of things where nothing can block your face. (I'll ask Luna if I can share hers, or if she doesn't want a photo of her rig on the internet.)

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Mine is pretty basic. Headset/mic, webcam on my main monitor, OBS displaying on my second monitor. I've thought about using something like Streampuppy on my ipad so I can have a one touch battlestation for scene changes and the like.

Millennium Cyborg
Mar 2, 2021

CG cyborg from the year 2000
I've not done any actual streams yet, but I'm using a C920 over my main monitor, a Blue Yeti on a mic arm, and I have a few OBS panels crammed into a tiny area on my second monitor because if I look too far to the side my model does funny things. I have a homebrew macro pad that sends F13-F24 for OBS hotkeys but I'm not really using it yet, I've had issues with my automation attempts.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
A second monitor is really important, yes? I currently live in a tiny place that doesn't allow me to get one (I have a laptop on a table on the edge of my bed), and I need to figure out how to setup a mic on an arm.

do you use plain OBS or the Streamlabs flavor (which allows donations independent of YouTube/Twitch to be set up)?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Lily Catts posted:

do you use plain OBS or the Streamlabs flavor (which allows donations independent of YouTube/Twitch to be set up)?

You can use the Streamlabs donation stuff without running SLOBS. If you're just doing donations, there's a browser source you can use. If you're using all the Twitch add-ons (followers, subs, raids, etc), you download "StreamLabels" and run it locally during the stream to monitor while you're using the browser source.

Edit: Got permission to post up Luna's workflow:

She has two monitors. The main one is a BenQ 37" UW 3440x1440, which she uses for games + chat + things she has to actively monitor. The second is a low-cost ASUS monitor she got on sale for like $60. It keeps OBS, StreamLabels, and other things that don't require too much active attention. For lighting, she has a LED key light (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LV543RY/) behind her monitor that provides ambient face-lighting. This ends up being necessary because she's using a standard webcam for tracking and not the ARKit or FaceKit phone stuff, which is infrared-based and isn't as finicky about shadows. She doesn't have a phone that supports either of those, so webcam + lighting it is.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 26, 2021

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I use plain OBS. I could switch to stream labs but I’m already fully setup on OBS I don’t want t to bother with the change unless I absolutely have to.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bentai posted:

I use plain OBS. I could switch to stream labs but I’m already fully setup on OBS I don’t want t to bother with the change unless I absolutely have to.

The only thing SLOBS really offers is out-of-the-box integration with Streamlabs and a ton of pretty solid widgets, which is great if you're all in on Streamlabs and just need a simple setup that works. It comes at the cost of more resources, though, so if you've got your own options and know how to implement things on your own, there's no good reason to make the switch.

Sundae posted:

She doesn't have a phone that supports either of those, so webcam + lighting it is.

If you need a "low-cost" ARKit option, the iPhone SE 2020 supports ARKit for stuff like VtubeStudio and only costs $399. It's not a cheap option, but it is significantly cheaper than any other iOS device that you would use. It's a bit of an investment, but it's a nice little phone all the same, and with enough donations, it'll pay for itself!

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Anyone have a link to decent (and ideally not wallet-breaking) LED strips I could put in front of a keyboard for underlighting? We've noticed waaaaay better eye-lid tracking during art streams than during gaming or chat, and finally made the connection that the underlighting from the tablet is eliminating eye-shadows that are loving with the camera. I can blast them out with the LED panel behind the monitor, but that's just begging for eye-strain headaches by the end of the stream. It'd be easier to put a little strip at the front of the desk aiming up.

Wireless would be ideal. Virtual streaming makes so many goddamned wires oh my god the wires are loving EVERYWHERE.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Have you looked into adjustable LED ring lights? You could clamp them behind the monitor and route the lights to shine upwards.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Sundae posted:

Anyone feel up for sharing their equipment / streaming setups? I'm always curious to see how people have stuff arranged, particularly in the VTuber side of things where nothing can block your face. (I'll ask Luna if I can share hers, or if she doesn't want a photo of her rig on the internet.)

I've got two monitors - a 1440p one in front of me, and my old 1080p one off to the side. Between the keyboard and the first monitor is a cellphone stand holding my Android phone, which is using Droidcam to act as a webcam for Vtube Studio since that's significantly better than the direct Android functionality. Next to the main monitor is a Tonor mic, just off to the side. For avatar expressions, mic-muting, and other hotkey stuff, I use the numpad.

I don't have anything beyond that, although I intend at some point to look into software to improve my audio setup - the mic picks up my typing noises, and I'm not really satisfied with the audio balancing OBS comes with. In particular, I'd love to be able to balance Discord's audio separately from everything else.

In terms of software, it's Droidcam -> Vtube Studio -> Streamlabs OBS, but I don't think I'm actually using any Streamlabs functionality, so it's just like that because that's what I happened to download first. I intend to try out regular OBS+StreamElements at some point, but the current setup works fine so far so there's no real hurry.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Vizuyos posted:

I don't have anything beyond that, although I intend at some point to look into software to improve my audio setup - the mic picks up my typing noises, and I'm not really satisfied with the audio balancing OBS comes with. In particular, I'd love to be able to balance Discord's audio separately from everything else.

For the audio setup, install the Reaper Standalone VST plugins. They work with OBS and SLOBS. The core ones I use are the noise gate, compressor, and equalizer.

To separate out Discord (or anything else, for that matter), install VoiceMeeter and Virtual Audio Cable. There are some tutorials on YT if you want something to walk you through it. They're both free for most purposes. Once you have those in place, you can split out your inputs and outputs into different auxiliaries, create virtual inputs through the audio cable, etc. It made it really easy to separate Discord, which was perfect for collabs being able to be muted easily in scenes they shouldn't be heard in, rather than having to gently caress with desktop audio muting constantly. It's also great for games that won't mute themselves in the background, etc.

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sundae posted:

Anyone have a link to decent (and ideally not wallet-breaking) LED strips I could put in front of a keyboard for underlighting? We've noticed waaaaay better eye-lid tracking during art streams than during gaming or chat, and finally made the connection that the underlighting from the tablet is eliminating eye-shadows that are loving with the camera. I can blast them out with the LED panel behind the monitor, but that's just begging for eye-strain headaches by the end of the stream. It'd be easier to put a little strip at the front of the desk aiming up.

Wireless would be ideal. Virtual streaming makes so many goddamned wires oh my god the wires are loving EVERYWHERE.

On a related topic to this, I tried messing around with some face tracking programs and such, and my glasses seem to significantly interfere with the eye tracking. I assume this problem isn't unique to me or anything, so I was wondering how other people deal with that kind of thing, besides getting contacts or otherwise taking the glasses off (in my case, I'm nearsighted, so unless I move a monitor fairly close I do need to have my glasses on when I'm using my computer). Are there tricks you can use, or do people usually just disable the eye tracking entirely and have the program they're using automate their blinking?

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Lily Catts posted:

A second monitor is really important, yes? I currently live in a tiny place that doesn't allow me to get one (I have a laptop on a table on the edge of my bed), and I need to figure out how to setup a mic on an arm.

A second monitor helps quite a bit, but it's not mandatory. Some major Hololive streamers started out with only one monitor, and streamed that way for a good while before they were able to get a second monitor. Two I know off the top of my head are that Kiara had only one monitor when she started, and Matsuri streamed from a laptop at the beginning.
https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1341260847251816453

It's limiting and requires some resourcefulness in window management, but it's doable. It probably helps if you have a mobile device you're not using as a camera, since a lot of streaming tools and platforms have mobile control panels you can use so that's one less window you have to juggle.

Millennium Cyborg
Mar 2, 2021

CG cyborg from the year 2000

Sundae posted:

Wow, this really works! Quick test of a strip of 12v white LEDs facing upwards. It's tricky to reproduce the exact angles and conditions when I get eyelid flickering, but I managed to capture some of it here. I turn the LEDs on and off and I think it's fairly noticeably better with them on. It's one more power socket and wire but I'll see if I can make a more permanent version and route the power properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXY2E-myGo

Roland Jones posted:

On a related topic to this, I tried messing around with some face tracking programs and such, and my glasses seem to significantly interfere with the eye tracking. I assume this problem isn't unique to me or anything, so I was wondering how other people deal with that kind of thing, besides getting contacts or otherwise taking the glasses off (in my case, I'm nearsighted, so unless I move a monitor fairly close I do need to have my glasses on when I'm using my computer). Are there tricks you can use, or do people usually just disable the eye tracking entirely and have the program they're using automate their blinking?

I wear glasses and the VSeeFace eye / face tracking seems to work pretty well for me, especially with the above fix. I have an LED panel on lowest setting behind the monitor blasting right at my face and a dark room behind me.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
Interesting and topical content: right now, Anya and Moona of Hololive Indonesia are doing a English advice/Q&A stream for people who want to become Vtubers and have questions or concerns about it.

I missed the first hour or so, but I'll definitely be going back to watch the VOD of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtRcEvcs1c0

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!
I've finished editing together highlights from Millie Moth's first Nekopara stream. I'm looking for any feedback on the editing itself, since I'm fairly new to that kind of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_uTJMViy5Q

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
EDIT:

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 3, 2021

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Vinigre posted:

I've finished editing together highlights from Millie Moth's first Nekopara stream. I'm looking for any feedback on the editing itself, since I'm fairly new to that kind of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_uTJMViy5Q

The editing looks pretty good. The mosiacs at the start stay active for a bit after what they're concealing is not longer visible, but considering how much mosiac was needed it's not the worst thing in the world if you go a little overboard on them. I think the vid in general is kinda slow-paced, but that's something that's hard to avoid with a slow genre like visual novels.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Thinking about having my model re-rigged, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the expense. Like will the rigger be hampered if the model itself isn’t detailed enough for them, or can they work miracles? I’d hate to throw money at it, just to find out there isn’t much they can do without the model itself being redrawn.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There's two (or three) parts to "detailed enough" for Live2D.

First is naturally the resolution the art is drawn in. Low-resolution art limits how nice the model will look in large sizes.
Second (and third, depending how you count) is parts separation and hidden faces. The better separated different parts are, and the more of various "hidden faces" are drawn, the more the model will be able to move. This especially matters for hair movement, clothes movement, and turning left/right/up/down. Having more parts separated out (e.g. hair) will allow more varied movement, and can give better 3D effects in the hands of a skilled rigger.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah that’s why I’m gunshy on the outlay, only to have the rigger tell me “sorry, can’t do anything with this.”

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Bentai posted:

Yeah that’s why I’m gunshy on the outlay, only to have the rigger tell me “sorry, can’t do anything with this.”

The rigger should be able to tell you if they can do anything with it before you pay anything. Let them check out the files and see what they say. If they refuse to look at it without advance payment beyond (at most) a small fee for their time to check it, gently caress that, no thank you.

Though, just to confirm: Do you have the original model CMO3 file, or do you have the compiled runtime? If you don't have the CMO3, they're doing a complete start from scratch using your art.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Bentai posted:

Thinking about having my model re-rigged, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the expense. Like will the rigger be hampered if the model itself isn’t detailed enough for them, or can they work miracles? I’d hate to throw money at it, just to find out there isn’t much they can do without the model itself being redrawn.

If you had enough there for a decent rig in the first place, you should have enough there for a rerig. How much can be gained from the rerig depends on how well the model was prepared for Live2D in the first place, as well as what you're looking for from a rerig.

Increasing the range of motion (such as how much the head can turn) shouldn't be too difficult as long as the model was done with L2D in mind in the first place. Increasing the detail of movement, such as having more elaborate hair physics, depends a lot on how much extra detail was put into the initial separation of parts - the more pieces the avatar was cut into, the more elaborate and complex its movements can be.

Like Sundae said, a rigger should be able to take a look at the model and tell you whether they can do anything with it before they charge you for a full rig. Make sure to mention your concerns up front since it's something you're worried about.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I have the CMO3 file yeah. Thanks for the suggestion y’all, going to reach out to someone and see if they can do anything. In other topics, I finally started playing more with VTS and the last couple updates are starting to make it feel better than prpr. If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, go download it on steam. 😄

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 7, 2021

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Well poo poo. The artist who drew Luna’s model got picked up by a manga studio and has a NCA, so no more outside art contracts for him. :(. I need to find her a new artist who can replicate the style.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Hey vtubers/content creators, I've got a weird question and I think you might be the best people to answer. I occasionally see someone stream on Twitch with a rig based on their Final Fantasy XIV character, including an outfit that looks identical to the gear they are wearing in game. I'm curious about how a professional streamer using a rig like that would fit into IP law. Technically, they are earning money by using something that is inspired by someone else's IP, which is normally illegal, but they are creating original content with it and drawing attention to the product that inspired them, which is what normally protects video game streamers and fan artists. Is performing with a vtuber rig like that considered a unique performance, which makes the character and their outfit the IP of the streamer, even though it is copying the in-game assets? What if someone decided to turn an iconic and trademarked character, like a Dragon Quest slime, into a vtuber model for streaming content that's unrelated to Dragon Quest?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

From what I've seen, for stuff like that, the companies are not really concerned about someone getting Twitch bits while dressed as a mascot and more about brand damage. So if you regularly stream as the iconic DQ slime and kinda advertise yourself as a slime, it's not going to go well for you, even if you don't start dropping the gamer word, because it affects their image.

FF14 armor probably doesn't have that same issue, and I think that even "bigger" indie streamers are probably small potatoes in the eyes of Square Enix.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Tenik posted:

Hey vtubers/content creators, I've got a weird question and I think you might be the best people to answer. I occasionally see someone stream on Twitch with a rig based on their Final Fantasy XIV character, including an outfit that looks identical to the gear they are wearing in game. I'm curious about how a professional streamer using a rig like that would fit into IP law. Technically, they are earning money by using something that is inspired by someone else's IP, which is normally illegal, but they are creating original content with it and drawing attention to the product that inspired them, which is what normally protects video game streamers and fan artists. Is performing with a vtuber rig like that considered a unique performance, which makes the character and their outfit the IP of the streamer, even though it is copying the in-game assets? What if someone decided to turn an iconic and trademarked character, like a Dragon Quest slime, into a vtuber model for streaming content that's unrelated to Dragon Quest?

In terms of comparisons, that would probably be more similar to machinima stuff like Red vs Blue. The legal landscape for that seems to generally be regarded as "it's hopefully fair use, but there's way too much gray area and it's never actually been tested in court, so it's risky to rely on that". Your average fan creator doesn't want to fight a major videogame publisher in court.

In practice, the saving grace is that many Western devs don't seem hostile to fan works using their stuff. The Red vs Blue folks thought they were gonna get cease-and-desisted as soon as the devs found out about them, but instead Bungie thought it was great and gave them permission, and Microsoft has since issued a general license for derivative works giving people permission to create a wide variety of stuff using game stuff. Blizzard has a similar set of guidelines for fan works. Interestingly, most of these licenses I've seen specifically call out Twitch streaming as safe even if you're getting ad revenue from it. If I'm reading this right, it's perfectly safe to Vtube as a Halo character or a WoW character and even profit from it via Twitch ads, as long as you don't start selling merch or anything.

Still, this is something that varies from company to company. So if you're planning to do something like this, and you aren't willing to risk getting a C&D, you'd need to look up the fanworks policy of the company that owns the IP, and if they don't have one then you might need to ask permission directly. For many big publishers, this can get complicated, as different divisions, different series, and even different individual games have different policies. As far as I can tell, FF14 and FF16 are under different fan policies, while other Final Fantasy games seem to require you to directly ask Square-Enix Japan for permission on a game-by-game basis. The FF14 policy permits both streaming and machinima, and Vtubing is pretty much just a combination of those, so it should be fine under that policy.

In the event that you don't have permission or misinterpret the policies, it's not necessarily the end of the world. If you're small enough and not commercializing too hard, and not doing something that'll grab lots of negative attention, the companies very well might not notice you. And even if they do notice and decide to get mad, they'll send a cease-and-desist first, and you'll be fine if you abide by it and take everything down.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I figure if your avatar isn't actually using company assets, like it was commissioned L2D/3D artwork, it's probably alright.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
There is technicality and there is reality. The technical answer in most countries is "No, you can't legally do that." The TL;DR reality for the USA is that "It's okay until it's not okay, and reality has a lot of asterisks."

For a small, non-Japanese VTuber with minimal to moderate income, you will be just fine as long as you aren't blatantly horrible and offensive in a way that the company doesn't want to be associated with. If you are larger and have a good audience, the risk of interference goes up. If you are heavily monetized, same thing. The bigger and more popular you get, the riskier it will be to use derivative assets. Even if they say it is okay, it is only okay until they decide it's not okay; they own the IP, not you. For longevity's sake, it's probably best to not risk it. :)

Japanese IP law treats fair use, parody, etc, very very differently from US law. Your mileage will drastically vary if you are a JP VTuber, and I am not experienced enough with it to comment other than it being an extremely risky move to use derivative/copyright materials, small streamer or not.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 17, 2021

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.
Hi goons! Been lurking the Vtuber threads for a while now while quietly working on my own character with a friend. We're about to enter the rigging portion of the process, so hurray! I'm tempted to start making content in the meantime using a static image of my character, maybe doing the lil highlight and bounce animation that people often use for collabs. Are there any good resources out there on how that works? As well as on how to set that stuff up for collabs? Thanks and I'm really excited to share my vtuber with you all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If you want to use a custom image, use this link:
https://jiinh.com/discord-reactive-image-generator/

If you don’t mind using your discord image, use this:
https://discord-reactive-images.fugi.tech/

The first one is more of a pain to set up, but allows finer control over images and positioning. The second one is practically set and forget, though it does take a little tinkering, because the size of the avatars will grow and shrink as people join and leave.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 17, 2021