Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Had my debut today, and oh my gosh it was exhausting. I think people really enjoyed it though, so I'm happy with it. How do Hololive people do other streams immediately after debuting? The nerves tired me out so much, I like froze when someone tried to talk to me hours later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Congrats! and IIRC, the first gen of HoloEN all had at least one day off before the big collab. I don'tk now how IRyS is doing it.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this (and I apologize if it's not), but I'm very curious. For those of you who have been doing this for a while, how much do you self-identify with your Avatars? Like, do you look at them and say "that's my avatar," or do you look at them and say "that's me"?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

blossommirage posted:

Jeez, editing your own videos is a really fast way to hate the sound of your own voice. Anyone have advice for that?

Everyone hates the sound of their own voice! Welcome to LP, Vtubing and otherwise! If it makes your feel better, no one else really cares. That's one of the first things I gleaned onto when I started LPing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also what Roobots posted was especially good advice.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I’m getting more and more used to my voice as I rewatch my streams. Plus it’s helping me be more cognizant of how to manage my excitement and voice so I don’t become unintelligible if I get amped up.

I still kinda hate it though.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
For anyone who wants to try this poo poo out without having to do a bunch of research or download a bunch of stuff, there's a new addition to the world of Vtuber tools! If you wanna try being an anime for a bit, all you have to do is go to the site and turn on your webcam,

https://twitter.com/yeemachine/status/1414993821583118341

I think this one's particularly interesting because it's a free tool that runs in the browser and has VRoid's new default avatars included - just go to the site, turn on your webcam, and just like that you can test out face tracking or full-body tracking. Really easy for anyone to just try out.

It's also cool because it's got fully camera-based hand tracking, without any extra devices or scanners needed. Still a bit wonky, but I suspect it'll improve quickly and other tools will take in similar functionality as well.

If you're more interested in the 2D, there's a Live2D version available at https://kalidoface.com/. But the 3D version is newer, has a better UI, and is more technically impressive right now.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
So I've been doing this a lot lately, because my real face is not fit for TV. I stream older games, mostly EverQuest and single-player RPGs, over at https://twitch.tv/streamimp
I also do newer games, but mostly single-player RPGs, though I'll occasionally do Among Us or Fall Guys with my friends.

DanielCross posted:

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this (and I apologize if it's not), but I'm very curious. For those of you who have been doing this for a while, how much do you self-identify with your Avatars? Like, do you look at them and say "that's my avatar," or do you look at them and say "that's me"?

I fully self-identify with my tired-looking millennial avatar. Also as a trans woman that hasn't been able to start her transition yet, being able to see myself as a woman in real time, even an anime one, is very euphoric. I have, since first getting access to the internet, had two "mes" in the world; my online existence, where I can be myself, and my real world existence, where I have to subsume the former to fit into the world. Having a face to go with the former, or at least, one that doesn't change from game to game, is such a lovely thing to have.

Additionally, access to virtual avatars has actually made me want to stream, to put out a representation of myself out there.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Thanks for the congrats and advice, everyone. I think I'm doing better with the voice hating stuff after a couple months of practice before my actual debut. Speaking clearer helped a lot, and so did having a friend that works in TV production to just set up mic filters for me. My avatar is vaguely sports themed, so I think the tomboy voice ended up playing to the strength of my character a bit.

DanielCross posted:

I've only been doing this for a couple months, only one stream as my own avatar, so no clue if my experience holds much water. It's like staring into a parallel universe where you're confident and funny, and it's really goddamn weird. There's enough of a disconnect where internal bias doesn't affect judgement to be harder on yourself (if that's a thing you do), but not enough of one that completely clips off the personal association. So, kinda both, I guess.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Heya, ADTRW vtuber thread OP here. I was thinking of making a new thread because the current one is getting pretty long in the tooth and I thought it would be cool to feature goon vtubers in the OP.

If you'd like to be featured in the new OP coming Soon(TM) just PM me or post in this thread with a link in the channel and I'll pop you in.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I posted in the other thread already, but I've been streaming as a vtuber for about 4 months now, and had a social media presence for about 8 months. I'm doing decent I think (but i have no real way to gauge what's good/decent/bad tbh), I'm happy to talk shop and share experiences if there's any other vtubers or would-be vtubers looking for insight.

I am definitely no expert by any stretch, which is the same thing I tell people who come to me for vocal training, but I'm happy to talk experiences in case it helps someone else.

This is me: https://twitter.com/OliviaCrowleyEN

DanielCross posted:

Kind of both. My character includes some of my personal goals for what I want to be. I think everyone has a part of themselves in their character. Obviously I can't be a 400 year old vampire, but Olivia encapsulates some of where I want to be in the future.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I posted in the main thread many pages ago, but I'll drop myself again here just to be thorough. My L2D should be finished in the next 10 days or so, and I have some fun stuff lined up.
I'm learning to enjoy talking to myself and still figuring out how to minimize train noises because I am in a Metropolis Zone. I figure I might just have to incorporate it into my lore at some point.

twitch.tv/yagyavt

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Just gonna quote repost this from page 2:

Bentai posted:

Soo, I sort of am a vtuber? I stream with a live2d avatar on Twitch, which is modeled after a Tauren from World of Warcraft. While sometimes I "act" like I am a Tauren if the situation or audience plays into it, I really stream as myself. I try my best to keep it chill and happy, since nobody should be getting mad at video games. These days I play mostly World of Warcraft and iRacing, I have other games I really should be playing, but I keep defaulting to those two! iRacing is a curious beast, because the game displays your full real name in multiple places, so I have to be very careful.

VTube Studio is awesome when I want to add accessories, but Prprlive is my default go-to for getting up and running quickly.

I try to stream on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Here's my stream: https://twitch.tv/b737_900 :)

One day I’ll change my twitch channel name. One day.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The Manticore posted:

I posted in the main thread many pages ago, but I'll drop myself again here just to be thorough. My L2D should be finished in the next 10 days or so, and I have some fun stuff lined up.
I'm learning to enjoy talking to myself and still figuring out how to minimize train noises because I am in a Metropolis Zone. I figure I might just have to incorporate it into my lore at some point.

twitch.tv/yagyavt

what video card do you have? if it is Nvidia Broadcast compatible i whole heartedly recommend trying that out for noise removal.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

what video card do you have? if it is Nvidia Broadcast compatible i whole heartedly recommend trying that out for noise removal.

It’s an AMD card from 2015, so I don’t think that’s the answer. I’m open to other suggestions though!

AardvarkGrenadier
Mar 29, 2010
I've been streaming at a Vtuber for a few months now at https://twitch.tv/aardvarkGrenadier. I'm just using a really basic Vroid avatar, but it beats my actual face. I stream generally Monday through Thursday from 8:00pm EST to 10:00 pm EST.

Lately I've been playing a lot of MTG: Arena, but I've played a mish-mash of other stuff too. This is the first time I've every sort of advertised myself like this, which I find pretty nerve-wracking, but I would love if you popped on in!

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Well, to quote some of my post from back on page 3:

FeatherFloat posted:

I did not go into this with a cool theme or any lore in mind, I just did "Internet Me" because I was so drat jazzed to just get started. So meet Lampy Lampdevil, the devil with lamp-like qualities. Or possibly the lamp with devil-like qualities. Outfit upgrade plans are already in progress!

I stream Final Fantasy XIV (usually lore or translation explorations), various roguelikes and action RPGs, and I'm currently tormenting myself with a weekly Super Mario Sunshine playthrough. I've also recently put out the first of what I hope to be many 3D Vtuber/VRoid Studio related tutorials over on YouTube. I have fallen in love with making VRoid Studio and VRM models do interesting stuff, and the whole asset-generation side of Vtubing has been almost as exciting for me as the performance aspect. If anyone here does have questions or need assistance with basic-to-intermediate 3D model stuff, I'd be happy to help! I'm not yet at the point of learning Blender, but.... but that's not far away, at this rate.

If you'd like to check me out, here's some links!

Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lampdevil
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCap05jGtOopKLbLpKzbC2rQ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lampdevil

I've updated my model a little since then... and made one with a summer outfit, too! My streams are usually Saturday and Sunday, and I'm working out the right weekday to work into the schedule, too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The Manticore posted:

It’s an AMD card from 2015, so I don’t think that’s the answer. I’m open to other suggestions though!

ah yeah sorry i'm 100% useless here then, i don't know poo poo about filters outside of that. i can help set up basically anything else audio related but i did zero research into noise filters because nvidia broadcast neatly tied it up for me.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Heya, ADTRW vtuber thread OP here. I was thinking of making a new thread because the current one is getting pretty long in the tooth and I thought it would be cool to feature goon vtubers in the OP.

If you'd like to be featured in the new OP coming Soon(TM) just PM me or post in this thread with a link in the channel and I'll pop you in.

I sent you a PM for Luna's channel, but given I advertise the gently caress out of her streams over there any time she has something interesting going on, please feel free to give the spot to someone else if there are too many. She won't go unnoticed. :v:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Sorry for double-post; just saw this...

The Manticore posted:

twitch.tv/yagyavt

Trains are tough. Do you have a decibel read on how loud they are in your area? I did some audio work to help out a few streamers with mic problems recently; maybe I can help out? Feel free to PM me details if you don't want stuff in public view.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Sundae posted:

Sorry for double-post; just saw this...

Trains are tough. Do you have a decibel read on how loud they are in your area? I did some audio work to help out a few streamers with mic problems recently; maybe I can help out? Feel free to PM me details if you don't want stuff in public view.

I would appreciate it! I dont have PMs though; maybe Discord? lmaothx

The Manticore fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 22, 2021

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Kind of both. My character includes some of my personal goals for what I want to be. I think everyone has a part of themselves in their character. Obviously I can't be a 400 year old vampire, but Olivia encapsulates some of where I want to be in the future.

I think the question is not so much about how closely aligned you are with your character on stream, but rather how you react to seeing your character in situations you didn't actually participate in. Basically fanart, whether you automatically/unconsciously insert yourself.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

The Manticore posted:

I would appreciate it! I dont have PMs though; maybe Discord? manticore#0167

Sent you an invite from something ending in #8383

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.
I'm not regularly vtubing yet but I did cut a little trailer today, just something to send into the Nijisanji EN auditions. My Live2D rig isn't quite ready so I've just been using a reactive image via Discord. I'd love to hear any feedback you all might have. Thanks so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2SgHD8pIWQ

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

roobots posted:

I'm not regularly vtubing yet but I did cut a little trailer today, just something to send into the Nijisanji EN auditions. My Live2D rig isn't quite ready so I've just been using a reactive image via Discord. I'd love to hear any feedback you all might have. Thanks so much!

If they aren't swayed by piss then it wasn't meant to be. I'd hang with dat cat.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Seconding that! Piss is, apparently, very funny because I genuinely laughed. Good stuff, would watch more!

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

Thank you so much for the replies! It gave me the courage to unprivate my video and push it a little more to friends haha. Hopefully I'll start streaming next week (and maybe some guerilla streams before then). I went ahead and posted in the main Vtubing thread as well because I'm out of control.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

roobots posted:

You have a great voice, and a good sense of humor. My only constructive criticism would be that the video relies a bit on Apex footage that isn't super interesting or playing to your strengths, but the rest is great. Good luck, we're all rooting for you!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lots of fun random vtuber assets popping up lately.

Had a good laugh with the collar/leash memes, but this one's a bit more family friendly. Maybe I can even edit one of these to fit my model's weird pallor...

https://twitter.com/shisyamo__n/status/1418516409626226688

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

roobots posted:

If this is explicitly your NijiEN audition, you should unlist this video. No worries if it's supplemental, but they may not even consider looking at it if you don't follow that rule.
I like the idea of using a reactive Discord image for stuff. That's really smart!

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

blossommirage posted:

You have a great voice, and a good sense of humor. My only constructive criticism would be that the video relies a bit on Apex footage that isn't super interesting or playing to your strengths, but the rest is great. Good luck, we're all rooting for you!

That's great feedback! I realized that during Apex, things get sweaty enough that I really have to remind myself to keep talking and entertaining. It also didn't help that my mic/game sound levels were outta whack.

Takoluka posted:

If this is explicitly your NijiEN audition, you should unlist this video. No worries if it's supplemental, but they may not even consider looking at it if you don't follow that rule.
I like the idea of using a reactive Discord image for stuff. That's really smart!

Ah good call! I have a couple days until the deadline so I think I'm gonna cut some more footage together and make a different submission video for them. I'll let this one be a general channel trailer for now.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

roobots posted:

You've got a nice singing voice, that was an excellent Baka Mitai! I agree the Apex clips felt kinda weak compared to the rest, but I'm also the one Vtuber fan on the entire planet who doesn't have any interest in Apex so maybe I'm missing something. Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011

blossommirage posted:

Had my debut today, and oh my gosh it was exhausting. I think people really enjoyed it though, so I'm happy with it. How do Hololive people do other streams immediately after debuting? The nerves tired me out so much, I like froze when someone tried to talk to me hours later.

It's likely how they deal with that nervous energy of being their first days, and they also have a manager who may or may be encouraging them to get a stream out the next day just to help settle them down.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Gideon020 posted:

It's likely how they deal with that nervous energy of being their first days, and they also have a manager who may or may be encouraging them to get a stream out the next day just to help settle them down.

I was mostly fine after a day of rest after the debut. Sometimes I still get nerves, but I'm only on my third week as this character, so. It'll probably get easier with time.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

blossommirage posted:

I was mostly fine after a day of rest after the debut. Sometimes I still get nerves, but I'm only on my third week as this character, so. It'll probably get easier with time.

I wasn't sure if you've linked to your Vtuber stuff before, but I'd love to check it out if you don't mind!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

DM'd

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

Hello friends! I moved over from Streamlabs to OBS as it seems to generally be more stable for me, but I'm definitely missing a lot of the easy customization for stream overlay packages. I was looking at StreamElements, but I'm not entirely sure if it'd be useful here. Do any of you have experience with it and, if so, thoughts? Thanks!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I threw out SLOBS months ago for the sheer performance gain since my last PC was kind of potato. I'm not 100% sure if you're asking about overlay in terms of the visuals or the specific elements of it (e.g. chat, last viewers, etc.), or both, so I'll address both.

I currently use OBS but all of the nice on-screen features from SLOBS can be obtained as browser sources through the streamlabs dashboard anyway. I have an overlay that an artist friend made for me that I slot all of the individual elements into.

I don't use Stream Elements myself, but that's only because I'm too lazy to re-do everything. I've heard nothing but praise and love for Stream Elements compared to what Streamlabs offers, and I know it comes w/ some built in customizable options for overlays as well.

Though TBH at some point I'd recommend going to Fiverr and throwing down a bit of cash for a more personalized thing.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

I threw out SLOBS months ago for the sheer performance gain since my last PC was kind of potato. I'm not 100% sure if you're asking about overlay in terms of the visuals or the specific elements of it (e.g. chat, last viewers, etc.), or both, so I'll address both.

I currently use OBS but all of the nice on-screen features from SLOBS can be obtained as browser sources through the streamlabs dashboard anyway. I have an overlay that an artist friend made for me that I slot all of the individual elements into.

I don't use Stream Elements myself, but that's only because I'm too lazy to re-do everything. I've heard nothing but praise and love for Stream Elements compared to what Streamlabs offers, and I know it comes w/ some built in customizable options for overlays as well.

Though TBH at some point I'd recommend going to Fiverr and throwing down a bit of cash for a more personalized thing.

This is super helpful, thanks! I'll prob throw down some money for some generic template stuff for now and then go custom in the future. Looks like I should read up on how to load all that into StreamElements and then add it as a browser source in OBS. Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

roobots posted:

This is super helpful, thanks! I'll prob throw down some money for some generic template stuff for now and then go custom in the future. Looks like I should read up on how to load all that into StreamElements and then add it as a browser source in OBS. Awesome!

If it's anything like streamlabs' sources, you'll open the stream elements dashboard or w/e, customize it there and then it'll give you a link to add as a browser source. It's super simple.