Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CaptainCrunch posted:

I dont see a RAM door :/

You never will. Apple M is a full SOC. Ram isn't soldered onto the mobo, it's part of the CPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

A lot of that iMac is loving empty space that those tiny fans are gonna have a tough time to move

Nah, the SOC uses 40Watts at max speed. Very little heat is generated with that thing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
the iPad was so far ahead of Android tablets that it killed the entire Android tablet market.

Then they just keep rubbing it in lmao.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Thoughts:

iPad: Not worth an upgrade from the older models unless you have dying hardware or a need for the nicer screen for some reason.

iMac: Wait until the M1X

AppleTV: Buy it just for the new remote and probably less-jank Wi-Fi

AirTag: Eh, get it if you want? I need more info on how long the battery lasts.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Baronash posted:

So they're offering colors to distract you from the fact that they hooked a macbook up to a 24 inch display?

That’s what the iMac has always been lol. Just with a slightly beefier GPU because Intel iGPUs are awful.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

what are you talking about? No it hasn’t. Like that’s not even remotely true except for the very base model

Which these are yeah?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Yeah, the Intel 27 still exists. This is the replacement for the base 21.

Oh good, I'm not crazy then. Well, I am crazy, but not about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Baronash posted:

No, this is replacing their entire 21" slate.

Which is the base model? The 27inch was the big boy.