Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ATV remotes are what I'll be purchasing. The 4Ks I have are perfectly serviceable.

I *want* the new iPad Pro, but my 2019 Pro is still kicking around just fine. I'll probably hold off for another year at least on that.

I'm waiting for the new MBPs to hit before I pull the trigger on a new computer. Hopefully there will be an announcement at the WWDC this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Disappointing Pie posted:

So I don’t follow these tracker tiles very closely. If I have one on my keychain and drop my keys while out hiking in a wilderness and don’t realize for a half hour will they help me? Or is it more of a crap they fell off my dresser where in my house are they?

From what I can see, it relies on the same kind of technology as the Covid contact tracing apps (but likely limited to iPhones). So likely not in wilderness, unless it marks the last time it had contact which can give you a starting point. But in any reasonably populated area, it looks like distance may not be an issue.

From the product page:

quote:

Your AirTag sends out a secure Bluetooth signal that can be detected by nearby devices in the Find My network. These devices send the location of your AirTag to iCloud — then you can go to the Find My app and see it on a map. The whole process is anonymous and encrypted to protect your privacy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bob Socko posted:

Wow, didn't realize the RAM was integrated into the chip. That might complicate things for me. Maybe I'll just pick up a current generation model for cheap when they start discounting them to get them out the door? :shrug:

Your only chance of a discount is going to be when they hit the refurb store.