Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I do not enjoy this walking thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Much like Apple Maps, it started as absolute dogshit but slowly built up better than most apps out there but no one really uses it anyways.

I’m sure it has the most users because people just use the app that’s preinstalled.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

AirTag seems pretty chunky compared to Tile.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I really want them to add Find My to the AirPods case.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Kevyn posted:

So what stops you from slapping an airtag on someone’s car and stalking them?

It was actually on the slide... Something like “Unwanted Tracking Alerts”, it tells you if there are tags that are matching your location but not linked to your account. Leaked a few days ago.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, price increase, bold.

Edit: Actually I have no idea what the old prices were.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Those are definitely some opinionated colors.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“Best camera in a Mac” isn’t saying much.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Keyboard and mouse have to match the colors, right?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Interesting if they aren’t putting a faster CPU than the MacBook Air into the iMac.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“Up to” four usb-c ports???

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wonder if the Touch ID keyboard works with the laptops.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

howe_sam posted:

Including Ethernet in the power adapter is a neat touch.

I’m a bit surprised there is enough Ethernet usage nowadays. Maybe in offices?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

4.5K Retina display lol

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

njsykora posted:

Well this is going to sell like loving crazy.

Are there that many people CPU constrained on their iPad Pros?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

My wife loves her iPad Pro but she basically just uses it like a LTE connected touch screen laptop.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Those poor Apple engineers who work on the Clips app.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This new camera on the iPad makes me think the different groups at Apple really don’t talk to each other.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Plus 5G plus Pencil plus more storage plus AppleCare and you get pretty close to $2k.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

You mean your spouse's Apple card because something something equality.

It is pretty funny that not having family plans in the first place meant that couples were forced to get separate cards and then different credit limits which was bad press for Apple.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

So besides the remote, what’s new in the Apple TV?

Faster cpu but I don’t think I would notice.
High frame rate HDR but I don’t watch anything in high frame rate.
Calibration which seems like a software feature pretending to be a hardware one.

Leaning towards just getting the remote.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

So Apple that the AirTag doesn’t have any form of attachment built in so you need to buy an accessory to attach to your keys.

I am kind of surprised that they are selling the $13 Belkin key ring on the Apple Store which is undercutting their $35 leather version.

(Also surprised Apple is still so heavy into leather everything with their environment focus.)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Tile has always been pretty meh to me and I’m always checking if a better competitor has come along. We have owned a bunch of Tiles over the years. In actual situations where it would be useful, it’s maybe a 30% success rate. The other times it just has no idea where the thing is.

(On ATP this week they discussed who would even be the market for these things and I can’t believe none of them live with someone who never puts their stuff in the same place twice.)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I can definitely see a lot of random products like luggage, backpacks, strollers adding “AirTag support” aka a pouch with a button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

https://techcrunch.com/2021/04/22/first-findings-with-apples-new-airtag-location-devices/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

quote:

You cannot share AirTags — they are meant to be owned by one person. The only special privileges offered by people in your iCloud Family Sharing Group is that they can silence the ‘unknown AirTag nearby’ alerts indefinitely. This makes AirTags useful for things like shared sets of keys or maybe even a family pet. This means that AirTags will not show up on your family Find My section like other iOS devices might.