Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

ZeeBoi posted:

put Touch ID on your desktop keyboards you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

ZeeBoi posted:

privacy, faster, integrates with your other apple stuff, apps are updated more often

airplay is pretty great to get video onto the TV from pretty much any app, as long as you're already in on the iphone/ipad whatever

Endless Mike posted:

It'll actually be supported for more than a couple years after purchase.

just not with hardware updates for a long time :(

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

AlternateAccount posted:

Stop saying "thin" where you'd normally say "thick", it stopped being cute like 15 years ago.

"years young"

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
I think Ray Smuckles just made a monster truck do a jump on the ipad pro

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
was hoping for additional laptops, but I might finally update my appletv and ipad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

AlternateAccount posted:

We're all in a holding pattern until they make faster chips. No bigger pros. No bigger iMacs. Just entry level-ish stuff on this generation.

yeah I feel like jumping on the M1 train is the kind of thing that would only make sense to have done immediately, or waiting until the next round of bumps comes out