Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gonna AirTag the dog, seems a good chunk cheaper than existing solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Binary Badger posted:

WTF, color calibration with the iPhoney!??@!!@!

Yeah that's really quite cool. I like how it takes the TV settings out of the equation.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Best camera you've ever put in a Mac is not the brag you think it is.

e: Best mic system you've ever put in a Mac is not the brag you think it is.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With the talk of features they've had for quite a few years, it really feels like this sell is to people who don't have a home computer anymore rather than people who are looking to upgrade.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This definitely feels like the Apple we haven't seen in quite a long time when it comes to home computing. Back to being 'fun'.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol that spec sheet did not stay up for long

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DoomTrainPhD posted:

AppleTV: Buy it just for the new remote and probably less-jank Wi-Fi

Never noticed any wifi issues with mine, is that a widespread thing? I'm sure I've streamed remux'd 4K files with it too, but it's been a while as I moved everything around to get everything on that chain wired up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hughmoris posted:

Dumb question from someone outside of the Apple ecosystem:

My family member has the current version of Apple TV 4K. They hate the remote. Do you think this newly announced remote will be backwards compatible?

They are confirmed to be backwards compatible, yes.

The older ATV 2, 3, and 4 remotes are also compatible with the 4K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Buff Hardback posted:

It's not so much that it won't track, but if the tag spends too much time away from the owner of the tag, and is instead moving consistently with a different iPhone, it'll notify that iPhone, and if there's no iPhone nearby (because the malicious actor has hid it on someone who uses Android), after a while it'll start beeping, and if you use NFC on it, it'll take you to the Apple page that will let you disable it.

Good info, thanks. Looks like it’ll work fine for putting on my foolish hound.