Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Happy birthday everyone.

Today is Friday which traditionally means many hours of meetings, and a bunch of hours of calling people on the phone to shoot the poo poo, but for reasons.

Mostly meetings. Some of them are about meetings. What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I'm tired of work.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I'm tired of work.

Jobs: they're bad.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Jobs: they're bad.

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

bernie is now calling for a 32 hour work week

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Happy Hippo posted:

bernie is now calling for a 32 hour work week

difficult to imagine this actually happening in murrca but it would own

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
it would be nice if a single nice thing happened

Ass-penny

Ominous Jazz posted:

it would be nice if a single nice thing happened

:hmmyes:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

more falafel please

forums poster

why am i a lead the only lead experience i have is eating paint chips

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Me: pls don't send things to my personal email, we have a shared inbox so pls send things there so they can be triaged properly. It makes my job harder when people don't abide by the process
My manager: if anyone doesn't follow process let me know and I will speak with them
Also my manager: hey bestie, let me send all my problems to your private email, and also cc other people in so they also think that's the right thing to do :kiss:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Them: we migrated you to the new SF cloud and it's so good!!!

Me: none of my contacts have phone numbers, emails or addresses uploaded, or any previous activity. I can't do my job.
Everyone else on my team: yeah same.

Them: IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

Them: we migrated you to the new SF cloud and it's so good!!!

Me: none of my contacts have phone numbers, emails or addresses uploaded, or any previous activity. I can't do my job.
Everyone else on my team: yeah same.

Them: IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

You're managed by Teen Girl Squad?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

These aren't managers, they're Salesforce contractors. It's worse.

Ass-penny

folding a pamphlet for a paint additive that makes it smell like citrus or fresh linens and is aimed at greasy landlords

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

These aren't managers, they're Salesforce contractors. It's worse.

Big :yikeseroo:

xcheopis

Earlier today I went outside to get some supplies for our clients being dropped off by one of the Very Important and Busy People (actually, yes). We were standing on the sidewalk and had maybe a minute to agree that owls are the coolest birds ever when someone pulled up next to her car, opened the driver-side door, grabbed her purse off the floor, and drove off before we could react.

Nice people at a local restaurant saw her purse get tossed out of the car so I went with a coworker to fetch it (and thank them all nice-like with bowing and such). Everything but cash and laptop were recovered, thankfully. The cash is just gone and the laptop may not even be useful, since our ITD will remote wipe, which they did within 30 minutes of learning that it had been stolen (and all laptops have encrypted drives, just in case.)

Still. It was very stressful (especially for someone who was late for a meeting with the Board of Supervisors yikes) and I feel responsible because of the stopping to chat for a brief moment. :(

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

Earlier today I went outside to get some supplies for our clients being dropped off by one of the Very Important and Busy People (actually, yes). We were standing on the sidewalk and had maybe a minute to agree that owls are the coolest birds ever when someone pulled up next to her car, opened the driver-side door, grabbed her purse off the floor, and drove off before we could react.

Nice people at a local restaurant saw her purse get tossed out of the car so I went with a coworker to fetch it (and thank them all nice-like with bowing and such). Everything but cash and laptop were recovered, thankfully. The cash is just gone and the laptop may not even be useful, since our ITD will remote wipe, which they did within 30 minutes of learning that it had been stolen (and all laptops have encrypted drives, just in case.)

Still. It was very stressful (especially for someone who was late for a meeting with the Board of Supervisors yikes) and I feel responsible because of the stopping to chat for a brief moment. :(

Goon, you're not at all responsible - the only person responsible was the person in the business of stealing cars!

Chewbecca

The absolute horror of sending a bitchy message to the person you intended to complain about

But also, lol cos they hosed me!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Finally got home
oh, it’s almost bedtime now
gently caress a goddamn job

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

Goon, you're not at all responsible - the only person responsible was the person in the business of stealing cars!

She sent me such a lovely email this morning.

quote:

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated you today. Thank you.

I was truly enjoying our lovely conversation and our shared affection for owls. I know you felt bad, but neither of us should shoulder any responsibility for what happened. What would be truly sad is the idea that we could not or should not share a spontaneous and sociable moment together.

Thank you for calling 911, for checking back in on me, for offering to pick up my bag on your own, and for arranging for and actually picking it up.

It is meaningful interpersonal connections like ours that add fulfillment to our lives and that can't be stolen by a random act of desperation.

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

That truly is a lovely email, it sounds like you were a lot of comfort to her! She also sounds like a sweetheart

cruft

xcheopis posted:

:3:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Another work trip this week but I'm using most of it as vacation. I'm going to see goons too, on the company dime.

Ass-penny

Randy Travesty posted:

Another work trip this week but I'm using most of it as vacation. I'm going to see goons too, on the company dime.

he'll yeah

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
I am far too sleepy to deal with any of this "work" bullshit.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
tuesday is technically my monday and I like to get cheeseburfgers after work on tuesdays so thats what I focus on

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
anyone need their password reset?

Chewbecca

Randy Travesty posted:

Money for nothing and your goons for free

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chewbecca posted:

Money for nothing and your goons for free

We got to move these refrigerators
We got to move this plane, taxi

I'm boarding in like twenty and I have never wanted more in my life than to piss, poo poo, vomit, scream, cry, cum, etc. in my unusually long life. I haven't slept since Sunday.

I love job!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am on this gd plane and it owns.

There's nobody on my row but one guy on the opposite side and me, because it's the early mfer flight. Non-stop, with a meal, first class too.

Yes thanks. Thanks work. Good job on this part.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Oops, turns out it's a bad idea to give users permission to drag-and-drop root folders on the server.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

No it's fine let them just absolutely destroy everything it's a move fast and break poo poo environment, mostly the break poo poo,

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

No it's fine let them just absolutely destroy everything it's a move fast and break poo poo environment, mostly the break poo poo,

"Move fast and break stuff!"

-Limp Bizkit

Farecoal

There he go
Move fast and poo poo

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
they lost my dang package and i don't have access to the business account to file the dang claim!!!

Farecoal

There he go
Bus blew right past my stop while on my way to work. I was standing in the same place I've been every weekday morning for the past year. Thanks bus driver :thumbsup:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

Move fast and poo poo

Breakfast and move poo poo.

xcheopis

Argh! My boss is moving to another program! Despite the difficulties, she's actually fairly decent and I am upset about this.
She did encourage me to check for openings there, though, because, as she said, "I know how to work with you". lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
My new supervisor got promoted so now I get to go back to my old cool supervisor

I am a patient they.